Economy Comfort on the 76G/763 - Pictures!

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by rwoman, May 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    All,

Hello. I just completed my first TATL trip (STR-ATL-STR) in EC both directions. EC was not advertised on these flights, but I figured the timing to the June 1st launch increased the odds of my being in an EC seat. There was no additional EC services on this flight...just more legroom and recline. On my ATL-STR flight last night, the FA pointed out there would be a charge beginning June 1st...I'd pay it, but glad that will not be necessary. :)

Outbound:

Aircraft: 76G (no IFE, no winglets)
    Assigned Seat: 15G (bulkhead) - I was able to book this seat in advance. This seat was great - tons of legroom and a window with a view. I definitely noticed and appreciated the increased recline.

The exit row (Row 20) on this flight was not an EC seat.

76G EC Seats:

EC Cabin - FG Seats:
    [​IMG]

15FG:
    [​IMG]

15G Legroom:
    [​IMG]

Return:

Aircraft: 763 (no IFE, had winglets)
    Assigned Seat: I chose 18G and bulkhead seats were designated as gate assignment. As soon as the gate opened (90 min before departure), I asked the GA if I could get a bulkhead window - she said I'd have to wait so they could see what their wheelchair requirements would be and she wrote down my seat number. About 10-15 minutes before boarding, the GA called me up and gave me my new boarding card for seat 16G. 16G was similar to 15G - lots of legroom and good recline.

I had my seat fully reclined and it did not appear to adversely affect the fairly tall person in the seat behind me. :)

Both exit rows (20, 21) are EC rows. I looked this morning when I woke up and 20 has a little recline, which is better than no recline, but it appears to be only a couple of inches and did not look like much.

763 EC Pictures:

Cabin:
    [​IMG]

16FG:
    [​IMG]

Overall, I am definitely a fan of the EC seats. I wish they had the moveable headrest (as seen on the 764's..not sure if the EC seats will have them) though.

Cheers,
    :)robin

2. samonyc
    Original Member

samonyc Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for posting. I got to ride in EC in a 763 in April and agree it's worth the premium for a long flight, especially with the Medallion discount.

DeltaExpert likes this.
  3. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points: