Ecerts eligibility for 2018

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by londoncalling, Oct 15, 2017.

1. londoncalling

londoncalling Silver Member

Status Points:
    Has AC published a date when Ecerts earned this year will be valid in the 2018/19 year. I will earn 20 more on or around Nov.3rd but would prefer them to be in next year's total as I still have over 140 for the remainder of this year until Feb 28.

mevlannen and YULtide like this.
  2. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think any earned after 1 October count toward the next year, so you should be fine.

londoncalling and mevlannen like this.
  3. londoncalling

Status Points:
    I hope you are right as I have 20 more ecerts coming in the next two weeks.

YULtide likes this.
  4. CanuckAV8R

CanuckAV8R New Member

Status Points:
    Good day, all. First post on IF, but wondering doesn't the "eUpgrade History" tab on the eUpgrade page (newb link limit: services.aircanada. com /eupgweb/selfservice/eupgrade/) indicate their expiry? Did a flurry of travelling late in the year and picked up my 60k 80k, and 100k threshold ECs and they all state "28-Feb, 2018" expiry. That would be nice for some of them to roll into the 2018/2019 year, but I don't see it at the moment.

Cheers
    AV8

YULtide likes this.
  5. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to IF!

Depending on when these weresults earned at least some of them ought to say 2019. Very odd. Maybe they're incenting flying more in January.

6. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    Here it is:

eUpgrade Credit validity period
    • All credits are valid through the Altitude benefit year, unless otherwise specified on your eUpgrade account. The 2017 benefit year runs to February 28th, 2018. Furthermore, all credits earned on or after November 1st, 2017 will be valid until February 28th, 2019.
    So, I was wrong above about the 1 October date, but any eCerts earned after 1 November should show a 2019 expiry.

7. londoncalling

Status Points:
    I have had two sets of Ecredits since Nov. 1 and both are good to Feb 2019. Anything BF Nov.1 will expire on Feb. 28/18. I suspect that if one called AC they might gt some sympathy if they earned a bunch close to Nov.1.

YULtide likes this.