Eccentric German Millennial Lives On Trains Year Round

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Aug 25, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    The Washington Post ran a profile this past weekend of 23-year-old German university student Leonie Müller, who decided that rather than paying $450 in rent at her apartment, she could spend $380 a month to permanently ride the German rails. Leonie's $380/month unlimited rail pass allows her near-endless mobility, which she craves. She lives her life out of a small carry-on backpack and washes her hair in the train bathroom facilities. Per the Post: The German college student gave up her apartment in spring. "It all started with a dispute I had with my landlord," Müller told The Washington Post via e-mail. "I instantly decided I didn't want to live there anymore — and then I realized: Actually, I didn't want to live anywhere anymore." Now, mind you, she's not living full-time in the Etihad First Class Apartment. The post Eccentric German Millennial Lives On Trains Year Round appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...