EBG Lounge-access question

Discussion in 'SAS | EuroBonus' started by SK2868, Feb 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. SK2868
    Original Member

SK2868 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi all!
    I will qualify to EBG halfway on my next trip (SK/LH), and will therefore not have a physical EBG-card.
    The question is, am I entitled to lounge-access on my way back in FRA if i have a print-out of my EB-status, or will my EBG-status pop up when swiping my EBS-card?

Thanks!

2. I would bring the status print-out.

3. HerrO
    Original Member

HerrO Silver Member

Status Points:
    Until the account have been updated to indicate your are EBG and it will be printed on the borading card it is not likely that you will gain access to the lounge or fast track (unless travelling in C). This is off course depending on the lounge dragon and their willingness to help. But your are first entitled when your account is updated. Then you can (read can) sometimes get in without showing a EBG card as long as EBG is printed on the boarding card - but no guarantee.

/HerrO

4. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    You will first need the status to be updated with EBG. If you aren't spending much time at destination this may not occur in time for your return flight.

Once status is updated in EBG then printout showing the status (or ask for email confirmation). Take this with you to get lounge access until you have the actual card.

5. Fredrik
    Original Member

Fredrik Silver Member

Status Points:
    The last few times I have been to the FRA lounges I've been asked for a card. The suggestion to bring a printout of the new status is a good one.

kiwi likes this.
  6. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    Back in the days, Eurobonus member service would fax you a letter with your updated new status to show in lounges other places in the world. Your status will show in their computer, a letter like this would definitely get you in.

Might be worth a shot giving them a call

7. SK2868
    Original Member

SK2868 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the replys! Hopefully a printout will work out. [​IMG]

8. cph_flyer
    Original Member

cph_flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Like mentioned earlier in the thread, once your Eurobonus pages have been updated to reflect your new status you are good to go even without a card at least in SAS own lounges. But you might have a problem in Frankfurt. They allways want to see your plastic along with the BC at the LH lounges and it usually takes quite a bit of typing on the puters before they let you in. So any extra "documentation" would be good.

9. torbster
    Original Member

torbster Silver Member

Status Points:
    how'd it go?

10. SK2868
    Original Member

SK2868 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The first flight will be on friday with return tuesday... I got EBG status last week after a retro-registration claim finally went through after an Air China flight in september! I only have a 50 min connection to catch my flight to Kiev on the outbound leg, but will try my luck on my way back...
    I doubt I will get my gold card before I leave. I'll update you guys if it works. Maybe I'll also slap together a TR :D

I spoke to SK, on the online chat, and they say my status should be reflected on they're computers.

11. cph_flyer
    Original Member

cph_flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Can you see your new status when you log on to your Eurobonus pages ? If you happen to have a co branded Diners Card, they are in my experience very quick to send you the new card once you find the EB pages updated.
    Take note though , that your printed boarding pass will show the status you had at the time of booking, not your current ! If you would like to see the EBG printed on the boarding pass, you can however change it manually if you use the on line checkin 22 hours prior to departure. In the seat selections page follow the Eurobonus link, and enter your EB number, but now with the EBG prefix.

12. SK2868
    Original Member

SK2868 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The status is changed on my EB-pages. And I've already changed my Eb-details on "My bookings" on LH's website. ;)

I do not have a co-branded Diners, but I will be signing up for that soon.

Thanks for the tips! :D

13. GUWonder
    Original Member

GUWonder Silver Member

Status Points:
    LH's FRA lounges routinely ask me for my BD*G card -- on each of my dozen or so visits this year that has been the case. And as LH's ownership of BD hasn't eased that card demand one iota, SK*Gs should expect problems unless the gate guardian decides to use some common sense. I've had the self-printed statement refused by LH in prior years.

14. torbster
    Original Member

torbster Silver Member

Status Points:
    One would think everything was computerized by now, but seems it isn't. Well I guess it works both ways, this is the reason my boss, who lost his *G status a long time ago, still gets alot of benefits just by flashing his old card around :D

15. Robbiedeluxe
    Original Member

Robbiedeluxe Silver Member

Status Points:
    How long does it take before "all systems" within *A are notified that this membership # is now *G? Nightly updates? Weekly?

16. GUWonder
    Original Member

GUWonder Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's a very good question whose answer I'd love to know. Hopefully someone amongst the many people who drop down in elite status at the end of this month should be able to share an equally revealing answer to a related question: how quickly does it take before OALs are notified that the passenger is no longer *G/*S?

In the case of CO recognizing BD*G, it seems like I have routine problems with CO recognizing my *G status despite being BD*G for longer than CO has been in *.

17. cph_flyer
    Original Member

cph_flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good question indeed!
    Back when I went from Basic to Silver I had this peculiar experience regarding update of status , as I was going on Spanair flight from MAD to CPH . I had completed the flight that would qualify me for silver about a week before. As I printed out the boarding pass it said SK*S reflecting my new status. However the SAS EB pages still didn´t show the status change until almost a month later !!! But apparently the update was "somewhere" in the Star system.

18. SK2868
    Original Member

SK2868 Silver Member

Status Points:
    At check-in in Kiev today, my luggage was prio-tagged, and I got an invitation to the lounge in Kiev without ever being asked to show my card. Awesomely service minded LH-check-in staff at KBP!

I got rejected only showing my boardingpass with "SK*G" printed on it at FRA today, but when I showed the lounge attendants my status print-out, it worked, but they looked like they were going to deny me access.

When I arrived home, I found my new SK*G card in my mailbox, so it will be a breeze getting access in a couple of weeks when I head to Boston and NYC. ;)

19. OSL_Commuter
    Original Member

OSL_Commuter Silver Member

Status Points:
    In terms of access to lounges at FRA and MUC, my experience is that I always have to show the card and when they wsipe it, there is a confusion and they have to register it manually as the prefix EBP doesn't go well with their system.