eBay Terminates Bucks Rewards Program in Canada

Discussion in 'Other Loyalty Programs' started by sobore, Feb 25, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

eBay is terminating its rewards program in Canada. At this point, only customers who are registered with a Canadian address or on eBay.ca are impacted - eBay spokesperson Ryan Moore said, "The eBay Bucks program remains in effect in the United States."

eBay had first begun testing the eBay Bucks program in 2008 and officially launched the program in beta testing in April 2009. The program came out of beta testing in 2010.

According to eBay's letter to Canadian participants in the program, "After reviewing the eBay Bucks Rewards Program, we have made the difficult decision to end the Program in Canada. We want to thank you for participating in the Program and being a valued member of our community. You'll continue to earn eBay Bucks until March 31, and in early April you'll receive your final Certificate, which will expire after 30 days."

The FAQs on the website under, "Why is the eBay Bucks Rewards Program being discontinued in Canada?" said eBay had reviewed the effectiveness of the program and "made the difficult decision to end it in Canada."

The eBay Bucks program offers consumers 2% back on most items purchased through the site with PayPal. eBay Bucks accumulate every three months, with a $500 cap, and members then have 30 days to redeem their eBay Bucks towards purchases with PayPal on eBay.com.

Read More: http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y13/m02/i25/s04
    flyingdawg likes this.
  2. Scrapnsew

Scrapnsew New Member

Not a good trend
  3. mtlfire

mtlfire Gold Member

Have to admit I was disapointed. I was triple dipping with reward bucks, the aeroplan store and a points card. I was wondering how they were making money with it.