ebay bucks

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by lichenlt, May 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. lichenlt
    Original Member

lichenlt Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have a few hundred dollars of ebay bucks earned through the IE9 10% cash back. Is there a way to cash out this money? ebay doesn't issue a check so I'll have to spend it within a month.

I thought about buying gift cards, only to find that gift cards on ebay are extemely overpriced (which I don't understand).

Any idea?

2. vitousa
    Original Member

vitousa Active Member

Status Points:
    Gift cards is the way to go. Look for stores that you use regularly such as home depot, costco, target, etc. I bought stuff for friends on eBay and they paid me back with cash. I am not aware of a way to get cash out directly from eBay.

3. danny
    Original Member

danny Silver Member

Status Points:
  4. Andyandy
    Original Member

Andyandy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, it is possible to buy cash on Ebay. I bought and sold quite a bit of two dollar bills and dollar coins back during the Bing cashback period (oh those heady days of yore!). You still see some listed, but usually at a pretty high markup. If you're willing to take a hit on the ebay/paypal fees, you can simply have a friend sell you X hundred dollars in two dollar bills. The fees amount to approx. 10%. For a great fee calculator, see here:

http://www.rolbe.com/ebay.htm

For example, if you have $300 ebay cash, have a buddy list 100 two dollar bills for a $300 buy it now price. Of course, you don't want to list them at simple face value or some interloper might purchase them. (like me!) You buy them with your e-bay cash, and he collects approx. $270 from paypal. You then "sell" them back to him offline. Of course, the two dollar bills are just a McGuffin. The sale could be for anything that complies with E-bay's T&Cs. Here's a fun idea: have your friend buy giftcards at a grocery store with a double points earning card. Then he can sell them to you for your Ebay bucks.

Andyandy

lichenlt likes this.
  5. lichenlt
    Original Member

lichenlt Silver Member

Status Points:
  6. Andyandy
    Original Member

Andyandy Gold Member

Status Points:
    lichenlt likes this.