Ebates is now offering 13.5% cash back

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by DJP_707, Aug 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
  2. airshadow
    Original Member

airshadow Gold Member

Status Points:
    Even better, Mr Rebates is now 15% (not sure for how long)

3. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've had every single one of my 3 transactions through Mr. Rebates not show up last month and have to manually contact them. Quite annoying.

4. airshadow
    Original Member

airshadow Gold Member

Status Points:
    Oh no - say it ain't so - I've had good luck with MrRebates over the years.

I hope I don't have to add them to my growing "do not use list" -- I'm running out of portals!

5. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    My hotel stays thru ebates always post 5-7 days after the stay. Other purchases like rental cars I've had to contact about, and they always reply quickly and correct the problem. Ebates Customer service is very quick and good.

6. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have good experience with mr. rebates for IHG bookings so far - I got my cash back reported and in pending stage about 7 days after my stay.

I made some reservations recently and I first made them with mr. rebates 6%, then ebates 9%, and mr. rebates again 15% - it's worth the effort with 15% cash back.

The ones that is bad are Top Cash Back and Extrabux.

7. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    DJP _ 707, thanks for this info. As a matter of fact, I received an e-mail from Ebates and they grant 13.5% cash back. For me it has worked for award nights, F&F rates and Advance Purchase but never for "complimentary week-end stay". Anyway, thanks again; will always book thru Ebates as long as it works.

8. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    I like both ebates and mr. rebates - they both have good CS. I also had problem with getting cash back from Avis through ebates but they gave me the cash back despite Avis refused to.

The claimed that I used a coupon outside ebates - and of course I didn't - I clicked the free upgrade coupon through ebates to book the car.

For IHG reservations - I go for the one who is paying out the most and at the moment is mr, rebates :)

9. dietrjm

dietrjm Active Member

Status Points:
    Pardon my ignorance, but do the cash back offers only work on advance purchase rates, not cancel-able rates?

10. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    They work on pretty much all rates. Even cancel-able rates.

11. dietrjm

dietrjm Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. I made a dummy booking for a cancel-able rate and noticed the IATA field was populated with a number. I assume this is how they track whether the reservation actually gets paid after the stay.

DJP_707 likes this.
  12. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    You are correct!

dietrjm likes this.
  13. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just a reminder that Ebates pays you even for Holiday inn rewards nights. I just completed a stay last week on a point break hotel, that cost me 5000 PC points. I made the reservation thru Ebates and it posted as a $103.55 sale and I got 13.5% or $13.97 cash back for a point break stay, can't beat that. I'm not sure if the other rebate sites pay on reward stays but Ebates does! And the icing on the cake is with PC visa card I get 10% of reward points back, and when I checked into the hotel they gave me a little piece of paper on which to choose my Platinum gift, either free breakfast, free cocktail in the lounge, or 1000 pc points. Of course I took the points. So all in this was very good stay cost me 3500 points net and got $13.97 cash back.:cool:

14. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    I used ebates for some award stays too but they are priced at $25. The most recently one for a CP on PB I booked with Mr. Rebates 15% promo and I got $22 cash back, which is absolutely awesome.