Ebates 4th of July Special 4.5% is now 9%

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by DJP_707, Jun 28, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
  2. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is it only valid for booking for Holiday Inn stays or all Priorityclub hotels? Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza, etc?

3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Based on my read of the T&C for the affiliate program between ebates and the booking site I'd guess most brands qualify.

4. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    All ICH hotel brands, as far as I can tell.
    I've gotten the 4.5% on all brands and last year when they had the 13% special, It worked on at least three of the brands I stayed at.

5. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    hello again...thanks for this info...booked one night in an IC and it seems it is working but could not do it on "reward nights", is it normal? thanks for the info.
    Trying to book a week-end night with a week-end certificate through Ebates, can't really do it, help please !

6. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
  7. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks DJP 707, I booked the week-end certificate night and am not sure it worked, because I did not receive an e-mail from E bate.
    I also booked reward nights, it seems to me they do not qualify for E bate.
    I booked in my husband's name, does it work too?
    Thanks a lot for your responses, regards.

8. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just got back from using my BOGO Ambassador night, and the room I booked was for a total $600, but I paid $300. My Ebate just posted for the total amount.
    06/17/2012 InterContinental Hotels and Resorts XXXXXXX_ZZZZ_MRAP $664.02 $29.88

I would say it's worth it to try and see if it posts.

Also booking under another persons name is usually not a problem. I book rooms and Car rentals for my staff all the time and most of them post correctly. As long as you are logged in and make the reservation thru the Ebates link, and keep a copy of you confirmation # and date you made the reservation. Ebates tracks things by the date you click thru for the reservation not the day you actually stay. So it's important to keep track and follow up if things don't post. I've found Ebates Customer service email to be very quick to respond (<48hrs) and usually correct things immediately when you point them out..

9. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    DJP 707, sorry to disturb you again...I do not find the way to get "Ambassador Certificate" in "Rate Preference".
    I succeeded for "Friends & Family rate" but not for the week-end night certificate. I just get all other rates : best available, senior discount, US government, etc.... do you have a solution for me? thanks again !
    I suppose that we still receive our PC points and bonus points when booking thru E Bate, right?

10. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Go to ebates and click thru to ICH hotels. once there you can click the Amb weekend link http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/intercontinental/en/gb/ambassador/ambweekend?ratePreferences=IBAMB
    or paste the link into your open window address bar.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/intercontinental/en/gb/ambassador/ambweekend?ratePreferences=IBAMB

and make sure you drill down the search options and make sure the Ebates IATA number is present in the box.
    make your reservation and you should get your E bate.

Yes all stay credit and points including bonus and promo's always post when using ebates.

11. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sorry hundred times ! what do you mean with this : "make sure you drill down the search options"
    This is the point : all rates come in the box except the "Ambassador certificate"
    Apparently, it is impossible for me to do it for my interested hotel, asked two different persons and both were not able to do it for the Ambassador certificate. It is a pity !!!!