easyJet vs Germanwings shorthaul

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Europe' started by dhammer53, Aug 11, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm flying MXP/PRG. Germanwings, Czech Airlines, and easyJet seem to have the lowest prices.

Can anyone compare them?

- Seats
    - Bag fees
    - Service
    - Other

Thanks.

2. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wouldn't seat guru have seat info. But I mean with such a short hop does it really matter. Fees... I know with Easyjet you can fake book and know how much things will be. (CC + Bag etc)
    Service. Again such a short hop...

Only thing I would care about are fares and fees and maybe if you're elite in sky team to fly Czech

3. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    Can't compare, but I can say a few words about Germanwings:

Even though they are fully owned by LH, they are not part of *A, so you won't get lounge access in DUS, and mileage posting may be tricky. Expect them to honor the perks associated with your fare class to the letter (e.g. SMART fares get a snack of their choice and a bottle of water - not your choice of food/beverage). If you are booking through another carrier, you may just see a fare bucket letter, and you'll have to dig around to find out which of the BEST/SMART/BASIC buckets that falls into.

The actual flying experience was fine - it was comparable of any other short-haul LH flight. They used hardstands (bus to the plane), though I imagine CZ and easyJet will do the same depending on the airport(s) in question.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014