Easyjet - Nectar becomes its "frequent flyer programme"

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Europe' started by maltapoints, Dec 31, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. maltapoints

maltapoints Silver Member

Status Points:
    Apologies if this has been covered already (I couldn't find it on a search), but it's worth mentioning that given your ability to now earn and spend Nectar points on Easyjet flights, Nectar has effectively become a "frequent flyer programme" for Easyjet.

I've covered this in some detail on my "Milepoint-friendly" niche blog, maltapoints.com, including how to load up on a few easy Nectar points: http://maltapoints.com/2012/12/31/nectar-easyjets-frequent-flyer-programme/

If you're wondering, I feature Easyjet regularly as a principal carrier to Malta.

rwoman likes this.
  2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    At least Nectar points are something! :)

Although my work filter does not like your blog - do you have a direct link?

3. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Also, are Nectar Points limited to UK residents?

4. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
  5. maltapoints

Status Points:
    Rwoman

The initial point to make is I am not a UK resident (I am a Brit, but resident in Malta), and I collect Nectar points without issue.

There are certain technical elements that arguably limit the system to UK residents, principally that you need to pick up a Nectar card in the UK, and register it online to a UK address.

In terms of the legals, the Nectar terms and conditions say you "must have a resident UK, Channel Island or Isle of Man address". Now my (admittedly loose) reading of that is that provided you give them an address at which someone is a resident (thereby making it a "resident UK address"), you are arguably within their rules. I know this is a somewhat grey area, but I am a lawyer by trade and so I always interpret these things favourably. Plus Nectar are extremely unlikely to query it.

I advise my Malta readership to get around this by i) having me send them a Nectar card for free (I have a stockpile in Malta) and ii) registering it to friends/family etc in the UK.

You can then collect points online (e.g. via bonus offers such as the Yahoo nectar toolbar) and of course on purchases of easyjet flights, while redemption on easyjet flights can be done entirely online (i.e. the tickets don't need to be sent to your "proxy" UK address, just to your email address).

Obviously my offer of a free Nectar card is limited to Malta residents (due to cost), but if you are desperate for one I can make an exception for you, just send your name and address to maltapoints@gmail.com (no spam guaranteed).

I have a few tricks on Maltapoints.com for racking up free Nectar points, but if you can't get through to it here's my personal favourite, the Yahoo Search toolbar (100 free points plus 1 point per 2 searches): http://www.nectar.com/collect/toolbar/home.points

6. maltapoints

Status Points: