Easy update

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by scrain2, Mar 31, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. scrain2

scrain2 Active Member

Status Points:
    I used to get easy updates on my cell phone and email for canceled fights and delays. I arrived at the gate expecting to board a plane and instead found that the flight had been canceled. The gate attendant told me I was already rebooked and that I could wait at the small airport for 9 hrs and then board a plane to LAX and get into Sacramento at 2 am the next day. I rented a car and drove home (6hrs). When I asked about why I wasn't informed evidently they are now using the Continental computer system and the Easy Update was on the United system. They use SkyWest which is truly agony airlines as they are almost always late and canceled flights routinely. United needs to fix SkyWest as they have the rudest and most indifferent gate and ticket attendants anywhere.

2. Pat+
    Original Member

Pat+ Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sorry about your poor experience. The transition to the CO flight notification system has been announced on united.com, the hub, and through direct email... yet I'm not surprised if many have missed it. It's unfortunate they weren't able to port the settings over to the "new" system.

As for SkyWest, it's not even the worst UX contractor out there...

3. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Fwiw,
    My EasyUpdate settings did port over correctly and I rec'd updates on my 2 flights on 3/19 (both for on time departures and a delayed departure). The one thing I did notice is that for my very first COdbaUA sms update, I rec'd a text saying I had to accept/reply with "yes" in order to activate the service and no sooner did I send my message, I rec'd my update for my on-time departure (and later a delayed departure). scrain2-have you checked your settings as they are quite funky compared to PMUA.

4. 2wheels

2wheels Silver Member

Status Points:
    Last week I received an EZ update before the computer monitors changed, so YMMV. I don't know if they used the PMUA or PMCO information, since mine was the same beforehand. Just log into the website and check your system. I think the ezupdate is working as intended at least part of the time.

5. higal
    Original Member

higal Silver Member

Status Points:
    To date, I have received 11 SMS messages from 26266 telling me to respond with YES if I want to receive SMS messages from UA. These messages started in 7/29/12 and up to the most recent, today 9/9/12 at 11:09 am. I have responded 3 times with YES. What is the problem??:rolleyes:

6. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's in Idiot Mode since they took Expert Mode away ;).​

Spaceball_drummer.jpg

7. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Don't complain about problems with Easy Update or they'll take it away, too, as too confusing.

macbookguy likes this.
  8. higal
    Original Member

higal Silver Member

Status Points:
    I forgot to say...other than these messages, I have yet to receive ANY actual easy updates by SMS