Original Member

Jim Silver Member

Status Points:
    Gargoyle likes this.
  2. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Are ones being dropped due to the congressional FAA action this week on this list?

3. Jim
    Original Member

Jim Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hopefully!

Why is Athens, GA on this list? 72 miles to ATL.
    That just points out the lunacy of this program.

4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Their classification of large and small hubs, plus airports with jet service is interesting.

Some of these places seem like they'd be isolated in winter even if the distances aren't so far, but having small planes be delayed and cancelled in winter weather might not help them much.

5. misman
    Original Member

misman Gold Member

Status Points:
    For several years, I used SOW (Show Low, AZ) as my home base. Then the airline went under (don't ask.) I got used to driving to PHX or ABQ after that, and have only taken the current Great Lakes service once.

6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I suspect some people pick the small airports and use the flights to/from hubs because the small places have no lines and very cheap or free parking. I know people who use some of the smaller airports in MN this way when the connecting flights are cheap enough to add to their tickets. If there's a delay or cancellation, they simply drive to the bigger airport (and plan the timing so that they can do this if necessary). However, when the connecting flights are sufficiently expensive, they either drive or arrange for airport van service to the larger airport and either way the length of the trip is about the same.