Earnings on Alaska Airlines (AS) booked through SK

Discussion in 'SAS | EuroBonus' started by Erik, Jan 17, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Erik

Erik Active Member

Status Points:
    I'm about to book a ticket with a domestic connection in the US on Alaska Airlines (CPH-EWR on SK and EWR-SEA on AS). I can't find anything about AS on the SAS web site. Anyone know if AS flights give EB earnings as usual?

2. Someone
    Original Member

Someone Silver Member

Status Points:
    No earnings with Eurobonus when flying AS no matter where you book your ticket

3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    AS is a partner of both DL and AA, but does not participate in *A AFAIK.

4. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    When CO joined *A, their relationship with AS ended. Don't know who made that decision.

5. NorFlyer
    Original Member

NorFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    In general AS is partnering with (a lot of) individual airlines at different levels, but is not member in any alliance.

6. Erik

Erik Active Member

Status Points:
    Why is SK not using their *A partners? All connections I found with SK from CPH to SEA was with domestic connections with either AS or AA(!!) (through SAS' own web site).

Is this a sign that SK is on it's way over to OneWorld? ;) Just joking, but seriously, it's quite annoying if it will become a new standard that *A companies just select any partner - not matter if they are connected through the same alliance.

What happes if something goes wrong? My assumptions are that thing will not go as smoothly as if you had been dealing with a proper *A partner.

Fredrik likes this.
  7. NorFlyer
    Original Member

NorFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    It is just plain regular interlining, and as long as you have everything on one PNR it should be ok, regardless of being an alliance or not.

SAS has interline-agreeements with (I guess) 100 airlines. How your intinirary are compiled is NOT anything SAS is deciding, but the travelagent (or bookingsite) you are using is choosing to show. (If you are booking on flysas.com or sas.dk/no/se you can get or miss strange flights). Sometims the travel agent or airline if booking with them, chooses to show you the most convenient connection regardless of carrier.

From the way you are writing I guess you are booking on the SAS-website, which as always is full of quirks and strange things.

8. cvarming
    Original Member

cvarming Silver Member

Status Points:
    Interlining with strange airlines is just fine. Though the SK website I often booked connecting flights on CO out of EWR back when CO was in SkyTeam. The only issue is that they often cannot print you all the boarding passes and thus you have to go by the transfer desk in EWR.

On another note. AS has a great mileage program. I use that program for all my AF, DL, AA, BA, ... flights. If you are an irregular flyer on these airlines then you really should collect all the miles with Alaska. That way you don't end up with a million useless FF accounts.

LETTERBOY likes this.