Earning w/ AA Business ExtrAA

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by EPI-Kyle, Nov 19, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. EPI-Kyle

EPI-Kyle Member

Status Points:
    Hello,

I am very new to this site, and I had a question about maximizing rewards points for my company. We are a non-profit that offers ecology field courses to high school students. Our field locations are mainly in Central America, and we purchase approximately 400 plane tickets per year to get students to these sites.

Can I create a Business ExtrAA account and earn rewards for all of these tickets, or do the tickets have to be for employees only? I am concerned they might classify us as a travel agency, which we are not, but we do purchase tickets for students that pay tuition to us. Also, I have heard of other non profits broadcasting their ExtrAA account number (via social media and listservs) and asking anyone traveling to enter it in so they can earn on that person's travel even though it is unrelated to the company. Is that possible as well?

Any advice on other rewards programs that I should be looking into would be helpful as well! Thank you!

2. flynhwn

flynhwn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, you can get Business Extra credit for those flights. As far as broadcasting your number I wouldn't do it. That would be fraud and AA will shut you down.

wrxmom and MX like this.
  3. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    What part exactly of not keeping your Business Extra number is fraud?

Seems a pretty generous use of the word "fraud," no?

thesterlingtraveler likes this.
  4. thesterlingtraveler

thesterlingtraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    Fraud? Most likely not. Against the rules of the program? More likely than it being fraud.

5. clscholes

clscholes Silver Member

Status Points:
    So another question with this...can I sign our church up for Business Extraa since we take multiple international trips each year, along with domestic trips for conferences and such? Would that be under non-profit/member listing?

6. AmericanAirlines

AmericanAirlines Official Representative

Status Points:
    Thank you for your interest in the Business Extra program. Please review the Member Participation section in the Program Overview. Only employees of a Member (Member Travelers) are eligible to travel and to earn points under that Member's account number. Upon request, Members must provide documented verification of employment, such as Forms W-2, for Member Travelers.