Earning PQD after an INVOLV REROUTE

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by tkuebler1, Jul 17, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. tkuebler1

tkuebler1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    What is the United policy as it relates to earning PQD when a partner airline reissues your ticket on the partner inventory?

My trip from SFO-IAH-LIM-CUZ and back was purchased as a United ticket. The LIM-CUZ-LIM had a schedule change and the partner airline contacted me and then reissued the tickets on their inventory. United is saying that because I "exchanged unused tickets" and they are now the partner tickets and the LIM-CUZ-LIM portions shouldn't count for PQD. The partner airline sent me an updated itenery with the United ticket numbers on the bottom and then United sent me a receipt with "INVOLV REROUTE" on the receipt with the new partner airlines ticket number.

United has said they will issue me a "one time exception" for this and credit the PQD's as well as issue me a $150 travel voucher. I will most likely accept their "generous" offer, but I wanted to know what rights as a passenger I have in such a situation. Any insight or advice is most appreciated.

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    You have roughly no rights. And no real channels of recourse to pursue them. That said, as a matter of customer service, an INVOL typically can request original routing credit and get it.

Typically with a schedule change in advance the issuing carrier, not the operating carrier, would need to do the reissue. But I'd gladly trade the PQDs (which should be a very small portion of the total for the trip) for actually getting to Cuzco. Plus UA did make right by you, and then some.

3. tkuebler1

tkuebler1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks so much for the feedback. Just annoyed by United's initial lack of issuing PQD's, had to contact BBB to get the PQD's. Best, T

4. chitownflyer
    Original Member

chitownflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    The best thing to do in this type of situation is to call the Mileage Plus service center and request that the PQDs be applied, as this situation was beyond your control. The same should apply to IRROPS, if one is accommodated onto another flight and or carrier by requesting the original routing credit.

Flying Machine and Counsellor like this.