Earning Points on stays - Noob Question

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by YULtide, Jan 30, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    Recently I stayed at a Hampton Inn and wound up booking a second room for my daughter, who joined me at the last minute on the trip. Looking at my account, I can see the activity for both rooms, but earned a stay, nights and points on only one of them, though my account number appears on both bills.

Question: should I have earned points / stay / nights on the second room as well, or is the credit I received correct?

2. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    OK, reading the Ts & Cs, I might have answered my own question. One may earn points but not nights and stays (or miles) for up to two rooms, provided they are paid on the same folio. Seems fair enough. Trouble here is that the hotel produced two bills, so the two are not on the same folio.

So, the follow up question is whether there's much chance of obtaining the extra points here.

Any and all input gratefully received.

3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Only you can decide if it is worth reaching out to HHonors customer service, but I think it shouldn't be a problem to get the points.

Zomby Woof and YULtide like this.
  4. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Interesting. Didn't realize they don't award night credits for multiple nights (like SPG).

YULtide likes this.
  5. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. I'll give it a try. Worst case scenario is they say "no." I just didn't want to be asking for something unreasonable, like a giraffe in my room and a helicopter pad. ;)

6. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's been that way for years. However, this does not affect some of us who make status based on revenue ($12K/yr for Diamond) or base points (120K for Diamond) because "A Member may earn Base Points for up to two rooms per stay, if all eligible charges for both rooms are paid on one folio. Base Points will be earned for all eligible folio charges incurred on both rooms." The trick is to remember to put all the charges for both rooms on one folio, which the member pays!

Maybe it is a function of one's stay pattern but I believe that it is considerably easier to earn HH Diamond based on revenue than on number of nights or stays. I made Diamond in 2015 by qualifying on spend after just 13 stays (30 required for HHD) totaling just 37 nights (60 required for HHD)...

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016