Earning miles on Asiana Club (non-*A) partner airlines

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Asia/Australia' started by Saracen, May 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just a clarification, as I'm about to fly QR and was told by the local rep that flights on partner airlines (QR and EY) only earn miles into Asiana Club if they are codeshared. It took a while to convince them that QR and EY were even partner airlines, so I guess they were just a little ignorant of the FFP. Someone reassure me?

Plus, anyone who can give any experience regarding earning miles on partner airlines on the kids' Magic Miles program? The T&Cs state *A only, but that might be due to them being out of date?

Thanks all!

2. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    I can now confirm, after having flown our first segments, that the local rep was wrong. Our QR-coded QR-operated flights credited without a problem. Reading the T&Cs, the only time flights might not credit is if they are non-OZ-codeshare partner-operated.

I can also confirm that the kids' miles credited at the same rates as the adult miles, at 70% for a Q fare on QR.

gleff likes this.