Earning Credit on Points & Money Rates

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by jparker, Apr 10, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. jparker

jparker Silver Member

Status Points:
    FYI, I just made a "Points & Money" stay at the Hilton Sandton in Johannesburg. When I checked my earnings, it appeared that I would not get credit for the "money" portion of the stay nor the incidentals. I checked the T&C on Hilton's website and it does not seem to specifically address these rates as to whether they are eligible to earn HHonors credit.

I emailed Hilton and asked them and they have told me that the cash spend portion of the stay, including eligible incidentals charged to the room, are eligible for HHonors credit. They have already updated my earnings.

Jason

adrianors, desamo and rwoman like this.
  2. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    Great! I'm staying with the Points & Money rate at the Hilton University City in Charlotte.. let's see if I have the same luck 3 years later! Updates next week..

3. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can try but the current Terms are not in your favour. My understanding is that Cash and Points are considered Reward Stays. In fact, if you stay 3 nights and one of the nights is a Reward stay, the entire stay is not eligible for points. As for incidentals charged to the room on Reward stays, it is up to the individual participating hotels.

http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/terms/index.html#accrual_of_points