Earning Alaska Airlines miles...

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by tulane09, Feb 18, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. tulane09

tulane09 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm looking to book to first class flights on Emirates Air to Dubai in the next couple years. Outside of Starwood and the Alaskan Airlines credit card, is there any other transfer partners? I read somewhere you can do UR to United to Starwood, and obviously MR to starwood but that is terrible ratio. any other thoughts?

2. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    By status matching to their MVP program and flying on them or their partner carriers..

3. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
    thrashsoundly likes this.
  4. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Delta, American, British, Cathay, and a bunch more can be credited to AS. That may make more sense if you fly a lot.

5. hulagrrl210
    Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't think AS is a "transfer" partner, I think you have to actually redeem the miles through MileagePlan for the ticket on Emirates.

6. tulane09

tulane09 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes I'm trying to figure out the fastest way to get points into Alaska's FF program. I'll book Emirates through Alaska. It's a couple year plan (since I'll need about 360,000 for two tickets). I think I'm going to churn the Alaska card and focus on Starwood for awhile.

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  7. thrashsoundly
    Original Member

thrashsoundly Silver Member

Status Points:
    I like this idea too as I have my eyes on an AS partner redemption. My only two hangups:

AS will probably devalue their partner chart before I rack up the miles/points.

I can't think of a Marriott location I'd like to spend for 7 straight nights.