Earned MR points that I don't recognize

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by penumpang, Jun 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. penumpang
    Original Member

penumpang Gold Member

Status Points:
    My total MR points show 5,000 something. But, when I go to the statement details, there is an item that shows "Earned : Premier Rewards Gold Card-XXXX 80,000." When I roll over it, under bonus point description, I see 2 line items -- each says "PRG 50Kpts / $500 spend 40,000." The 80,000 points are not reflected on my total, but it is strange that they're listed in the details. I already received all the sign-up bonuses and the card was opened some time last year. So, I don't know where these points came from.

Does anyone know what might be going on? Should I call?

2. PedroNY
    Original Member

PedroNY Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sometimes they are 1 month behind, they show points in total after they are earned but only on the next statement. If they dont' show up by the time 2nd statement closes, you can call them and ask. Don't worry they will post.

Cheers,

PedroNY

penumpang likes this.
  3. penumpang
    Original Member

penumpang Gold Member

Status Points:
    But the thing is, I don't know how I earned those MR points. I certainly didn't spend that much to get 80,000 points. Unless it's some kind of bonus that I am not aware of, I don't know where they would have come from.

4. joefouch

joefouch Silver Member

Status Points:
    If I had this problem, I would be sure to call in right away to sort it out... as soon as I got back from my first class Cathay award trip to Bali from using the points. ;)

cheepneezy and penumpang like this.
  5. riverchica
    Original Member

riverchica Silver Member

Status Points:
    I find MR points very confusing to track! I'm relatively new to AmEx and the timing of the points posting consistently throws me and the description attached doesn't always clarify matters.

Congrats on points falling from the sky, though!

penumpang likes this.
  6. penumpang
    Original Member

penumpang Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, it's very confusing. My points total is 5,000 something, with mysterious 80,000 points show as earned. I'm still not sure if the points are really a bonus, or just a glitch that will be removed later. So far, the 80,000 are still in the details, but are not reflected on my total. I'm confused if they are mine or not. :confused: