Earn up to 25,000 bonus award miles. YMMV

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by FlyingBear, Apr 26, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    Got an email today with targeted link, but there is also a generic link where you can provide your own FF#

http://www.unitedmapyourdreams.com/

Basics: Register, purchase and fly 5 roundtrips on United by July 15, 2012, to earn up to 25,000 bonus award miles.

Earn
    When you fly
    5,000 bonus award miles 2 roundtrips
    10,000 bonus award miles 3 roundtrips
    25,000 bonus award miles 5 roundtrips

2. LizzyDragon84
    Original Member

LizzyDragon84 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the heads up. I was able to register for it even though I didn't get an e-mail about it.

3. Scott Schmidt

Scott Schmidt Silver Member

Status Points:
    Was able to register but got this: "earn 5,000 bonus award miles for 1 roundtrip, 10,000 bonus award miles for 2 roundtrips and a maximum of 25,000 bonus award miles for 4 roundtrips."

Not sure how that works math-wise. Is it 5000 for flight 1, 10,000 for flight 2 then 10,000 on flight 4?

ducster and TAHKUCT like this.
  4. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    "According to our records, you are not eligible to participate in this promotion."

Theweeklyflyer likes this.
  5. scf

scf Silver Member

Status Points:
    ditto

6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    My wife got it, too. About one hour after I booked a trip. Not sure how strict the "register, then book..." requirement is. I could, of course, cancel and rebook.

For future reference, here's the fine print:

Terms and conditions: 1. Offer valid only for original recipients of email or direct mail invitation. 2. To qualify, register for the offer before travel, then purchase and complete paid qualifying roundtrips to any destination worldwide on United– or United Express®–operated flights. 3. Ticketing period: 04/15/12 through 07/15/12. 4. Travel period: 04/15/12 through 07/15/12, excluding 07/03/12–07/05/12. 5. On specific number of paid qualifying roundtrip flights (as outlined in the offer) members can earn 5,000 bonus award miles, 10,000 bonus award miles or up to a maximum of 25,000 bonus award miles. 6. Bonus award miles do not count toward Premier® status and do not apply to class-of-service, Premier bonus miles or promotional Premier qualifying miles (PQM). 7. Offer is not valid on United-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers. 8. Offer is not valid on government fares. 9. A roundtrip is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel beginning in the destination city back to the origin city. 10. Offer is not combinable and can be earned a maximum of one time. Bonus is credited 6–8 weeks after promotion end date of 07/15/12. 11. E-Ticket® purchase required. Tickets purchased in the US through United Reservations are subject to a $25 ticketing fee, and tickets purchased at airport ticket counters are subject to a $30 ticketing fee. Fees subject to change. 12. Flight activity must be posted to the member’s MileagePlus account in order to qualify for this offer. 13. Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply. 14. Miles accrued, awards issued and bonus offers are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program. For complete details about the MileagePlus program, go to united.com.

aptraveler and FlyingBear like this.
  7. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I didn't get the email myself (yet), but I registered my MP # at the link posted above and got

Congratulations, You Are Registered.

FlyingBear likes this.
  8. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I suspect at the end of the promo period they look at how many RTs you had and give you either 5k, 10k or 25k, depending on whether you had 1, 2, or 4+ roundtrips. See this in the T&Cs:

Bonus is credited 6–8 weeks after promotion end date of 07/15/12

FlyingBear likes this.
  9. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Guess I'm not well liked at United :p I'm not eligible.

10. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd make the point of booking more round-trips were I eligible. Sniff.

11. nelsoji
    Original Member

nelsoji Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was able to sign up (was targeted through e-mail) but my wife didn't get it and it wouldn't let me sign her up unfortunately

12. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Question: how many UA flights have you flown so far this year (for those of you who are eligible)?

Friend who's a 1MM but hasn't flown since last fall (illness) was eligible, fwiw.

ETA: Husband also wasn't eligible. He's flown two short round-trips this year, both pre-3/3, and has four trips booked with me outside the promo window (Sep, Nov, and Dec).

13. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    They probably have the ability to determine how many flights you have booked too -- so if you already have some flights booked within the promo period, they don't target you.

14. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Me: 8 flights (4 RT) revenue, 1 award. Around 25k EQM
    Wife: 4 flights (2 RT) revenue, 1 award. Around 5k EQM

She received email, but it seems I was eligible to register, too.

We both had one RT booked during the promo period (plus another one that I just booked shortly before receiving the email).

15. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had one 14-segment *A trip with only 2 on UA and one RT on USAirways. I am Premier Gold

16. SQ LPP
    Original Member

SQ LPP Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was not able to register.

According to our records, you are not eligible to participate in this promotion.
    If you feel you've received this message in error, please contact a MileagePlus® customer service representative.

:(

17. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, uh.

I have 10 reservations booked through the end of the year (plus three completed earlier this year). Four (two revenue round-trips and two award one-ways) are within the promo period. None of these were booked within the promo period, though.

They may or may not know about the UV reservation from last night as it's probably not yet ticketed.

18. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I just tried to register another account that I "manage" that hasn't had flight activity in a few years. Not eligible.

Flyer1976 likes this.
  19. unavaca
    Original Member

unavaca Gold Member

Status Points:
    No email, but it did let me register. Nice.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  20. aptraveler

aptraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just tried to register, and I also got the same caption. :-(

21. unavaca
    Original Member

unavaca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Inevitably, as soon as I say that, I get the email.

22. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    My son got exactly the same offer and got registered, tried my MP number and no luck. Few hours later got the same email addressed to me and was able to register for the same promo. :confused: but :D

23. theBOAT
    Original Member

theBOAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    Man, this is going to be tough!! I just registered my wife (Silver) and I (1k)... Bonus offers as follows:

Wife
    - Mrs, earn 5,000 bonus award miles for 4 roundtrips, 10,000 bonus award miles for 5 roundtrips and a maximum of 25,000 bonus award miles for 7 roundtrips.

Me
    - theBOAT, earn 5,000 bonus award miles for 8 roundtrips, 10,000 bonus award miles for 9 roundtrips and a maximum of 25,000 bonus award miles for 10 roundtrips.

For more data, I have flown 2 round trip flights this year, and my wife zero (we had a new baby in January!). Guess they are basing it off of last year, when I had 125k EQM's...

theBOAT

FlyingBear likes this.
  24. harvson3

harvson3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks FlyingBear!

These bonus mles will be enough to tear me away from the Chase UR mall and book on united.bomb.

25. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Darn. There goes that theory. I tried 2 accounts, both ineligible. 1K with 8 RTs so far this year, and 3 more booked; 1MM (Gold) with 2 RTs so far this year, and 0 more booked.