Earn quadruple AAdvantage® miles with Hertz, through 10/31/12

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Jett Rink, Jun 21, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Jett Rink
    Original Member

Jett Rink Silver Member

Status Points:

Earn Quadruple Miles & Save Up to 35% with Hertz!

Now through October 31, 2012, earn 4 American Airlines
    AAdvantage® miles
    per $1 spent, plus save up to 35% when you
    rent any vehicle for one of more days in eligible countries*.
    [​IMG]

You must provide discount CDP# 217692, PC# 169853 and your AAdvantage number at the time
    of reservation.

*Eligible countries: United States, Puerto Rico, Canada, Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland, and United Kingdom

Hertz®
    Terms and Conditions​

Your discount CDP# 217692, PC# 169853, and your AAdvantage number is required at reservation. Advanced reservation is required. Offer value in local currency upon redemption. Hertz age, driver and credit qualifications and daily rate restrictions for the renting location apply. Taxes, tax reimbursement, age differential charges, fees and optional services charges, such as refueling, are not included. Discounts apply to time and mileage charges only. Standard rental qualifications, rental period and return restrictions apply. This offer has no cash value, may not be used with Pre-Pay Rates, Tour Rates or Insurance Replacement Rates and cannot be combined with each other or with any other certificate, voucher, offer or promotion. The CDP savings of up to 35% applies to time and mileage charges only, discounts vary by rental date, location and vehicle type. Modifying your reservation may result in a change in your rate and/or invalidate this offer. Miles will not be awarded on travel industry rates, wholesale tour packages, insurance/dealer replacement, and any other promotional rates or group travel. For rentals in Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland, and United Kingdom this offer is valid on Affordable Non-Prepaid Rates at participating locations. Manual shift only, however, exceptions do apply. Offer valid for vehicle pick-up through 10/31/12. AAdvantage rules and restrictions apply.

2. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    I've been using this CDP and PC code for about 4 or 5 weeks now. Surprisingly it's one of the few ones I can recall that didn't raise the price of the rental.

Max M likes this.
  3. jlr

jlr New Member

Status Points:
    I have a car rental reservation with Enterprise for almost 3 weeks in July and August. Today, I decided to compare the rate with this Hertz offer, and found that the Hertz rate is about 50% higher than what I'm paying for the Enterprise car. That's for a Full size car in both cases.

4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Always keep checking. In many, many cases I find that prices drop between the time I (originally) book and the time I pick up the car. And since changing the reservation is no problem (unless you prepaid... which I never do), there is a lot of opportunity to save money.

5. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Well, Hertz is generally not the cheapest. But, I generally prefer their cars and their locations. Rental car companies to me are like coffee. Trying to get 10 people to agree on a type they like is impossible. :)

Agree. That's the great things about rental cars. Just keep shopping.

Max M and Scottrick like this.
  6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Just rebooked a Budget reservation yesterday. Dropped from $170 to $105. I still hope that either Hertz or Avis drop down to that level over the course of the next three weeks since I have status with them, but right now they are both way too expensive.

7. kadence

kadence Silver Member

Status Points:
    Do you look for rates on Kayak or go directly to the rental company's website to check for better rates?

8. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    It really depends. I often find that I get a good rate upfront with one of my non-preferred rental agencies such as Dollar, Alamo, Budget. So I book that and then I keep checking the prices on Hertz.com to see if they've drop. I could probably make it more effective to keep checking on Kayak or Expedia/Travelocity/Orbitz/... too. As I actually did in the case of the above Budget rental. And actually, what I should be doing is use http://www.autoslash.com/ to track my existing reservations.

9. kadence

kadence Silver Member

Status Points:
    LOL... Every time I try to use autoslash to check for a rental in Tuscon,7/14-7/28 I get "We're sorry, there are no cars available that fit your request."

Something's wrong there...

PS - Just got my notification of Silver Member! Soooo exciting!

10. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    I like Hertz and National. All things equal, I go with National. But I am price-sensitive. If it's more than $5-10 extra per day, I pick the cheapest option.

11. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Congrats on Silver. Now you get space available upgrades to the first class forums :)

As for Autoslash... Read the linked announcement above the search box on http://www.autoslash.com/ - I think the booking feature is pretty much dead, but they also let you track existing rentals. I read that that still works. I have some rentals that I need to monitor, so I'll try it out later today.

12. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I look at the total more than the per day difference. The savings need to justify the potential hassle of standing in line at the counter. Need to sign up for more of those frequent renter/self service programs.

aptraveler likes this.
  13. aptraveler

aptraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am an Avis renter. Although, I considered the offered from Hertz, for an upcoming rental. What's not to like about 4x the miles. However, I've also noticed that their rate was actually higher than Avis' for the same class of car. I do have Avis preferred status, and I would stick to what has worked for me in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

14. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    4x Hertz with AA miles related question... for some odd programs, you sometimes have to do the math. If I book my rental to LAN pass program, I get a flat mileage bonus and not a per dollar spend, isnt this correct..? Doesnt someone know what the flat rate (in Lan miles.km) is...?