Earn Double RDM Between March 1 and May 31 (lowest eligible fare is 'U')

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by NYCUA1K, Feb 19, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just got this by email:
    REGISTER HERE...unless it is a targeted offer.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
    MSYgirl and nestep like this.
  2. Garp74

Garp74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    As a Premier Platinum, I clicked and got:

We are sorry.
    The MileagePlus® number entered is not eligible for this promotion. Please check out News and Offers on united.com for other promotions that you may be eligible for. Thanks for your interest in promotional offers from MileagePlus.

MSYgirl and NYCUA1K like this.
  3. nestep

nestep Active Member

Status Points:
    1. Only original recipients of the email invitation to the offer can register and participate in the promotion.

Oh well, I tried. Thanks for posting....

MSYgirl and NYCUA1K like this.
  4. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    :( Sorry. It is as I suspected, which is why I'd underlined "exclusive" in the OP...

WilliamQ, Garp74 and MSYgirl like this.
  5. Garp74

Garp74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    We appreciate you trying to help us out. Would have been great if it worked :)

NYCUA1K and WilliamQ like this.
  6. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    As usual, no love here. But thanks for posting the link; otherwise I wouldn't have even been able to try.

NYCUA1K likes this.
  7. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Does not hurt to try registering because there may be those who got the offer but missed it because it went to their junk mail bin...just as I would have missed it had I not spotted the email in my own junk bin.;)

8. Weatherboy

Weatherboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was surprised to see I got this offer :cool:

9. UA Outhouse

UA Outhouse Member

Status Points:
    The promotional offer is reserved for our most valued customers like you, who are rightfully entitled to enjoy such benefits.

10. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    I got the offer. Probably because I have so much booked between now and the end of May. Depending on how a "U" fare compares to the best available at the time, I may be able to get one trip in that will take advantage of it. I have a calculator, and I know how to use it! ;)

11. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have booked no revenue tickets for myself and zero PQD and just a handful of PQM (from Chase) so far. No offer for this most valued customer.

12. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ditto, more or less.

I was targeted. Absolutely no chance I will take advantage, save an amazing mistake fare, but somehow I was in the target pool.

13. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    Having so few options that I'm still tied through the year to MileagePlus (Thank God for Copa!), I want to than you two for making more CPU space potentially available to me. :D

Honestly, I would leave if I could find a better option. I'm hoping to give AA a shot in either the last quarter of this year, or the first quarter of next year, depending on when I lock down 1K for 2015. Without getting into boring details, UA still offers the best options for this Latin American dwelling expat. So here's to more FFers jumping ship to give me better CPU/RPU chances! (Nothin' personal) ;)

14. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    In my case it's been a combination of

- less travel this year
    - desire to spend miles thanks to new MM status

I expect to spend some dollars on UA later this year. But for the first time in many years I am not maintaining a spreadsheet to track and plan PQMs (or PQDs)

15. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    If I did not know better, I would read between the lines in the above and conclude that the post is from someone whose resolve to dump UA may be...errr...weakening?;)

16. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think you missed a couple of my posts. They finally made the other thing right, but it took far too much fighting to get them to do so. Still, I ended up with a good deal, although I lost over 6,000 PQMs in the process. I have travel booked into June, so following my long time policy of "Do what is best for Ken," I have decided to stay with UA this year.

If I get a status match from AA at the end of the year for 2015, then I will be able to enjoy both EXP and 1K enough to make an educated decision on which one will serve me best going forward. That's what I plan to do.

17. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Any other policy would be stupid. Fortunately my first name isn't Jeff ;)

KenInEscazu likes this.
  18. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I just don't buy fares that high. Ever.

19. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't blame you. Every ticket I purchase is at the lowest possible price for my itinerary. Unfortunately, especially when originating in Latin America, there aren't often any good deals to be had. E tickets cost so much that it is often worth it to me to just go ahead and buy a Z fare to insure that I don't have to play Gate Roulette for my CPU.

WARNING: Never buy a Z fare ticket on AV through the UA web site. It may say "Business," but it is not. It will be an economy ticket which will earn only 50% RDM and no Premier mileage bonuses.

20. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    :rolleyes:

They fixed the display bug and was never really possible to do what you're describing without serious machinations anyways.

21. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    So say you. I agree that it is normally difficult to impossible, and I'm glad that they have fixed it, but whether or not you believe me, it was presented on the night of my purchase exactly as described without a hint of any programming glitch.

I'm not sure what the eye roll was about. I think that sharing this info could save someone a lot of grief if the problem were to appear again. :confused:

22. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Derailing a thread about something completely different with a complaint about a situation which was resolved pretty well.

23. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well... I mentioned that I often pay for Z fares to avoid missing a CPU when flying to/from Latin America, so it seemed appropriate to advise people that not all Z fares purchased on UA's web site are in Business Class. I sure wish I had seen that warning before I got into my snafu.

But if rolling your eyes makes you feel better about it, then you are certainly entitled to your opinion. I won't hold it against you, as in spite of your often snarky replies, you do often share some very good info here. :)