Earn DELTA GOLD status and $800+ act FAST ends MAY 31st-2011

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by Delta Points, May 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Delta Points
    Original Member

Delta Points Silver Member

Status Points:
    I hope the "mods" don't move this like at FT (getting very sick of them over there)

OK kids check this out. You can get 45k MQM and get PAID to do this. Terms are you must NEVER have sent AMEX membership rewards points to DELTA before.

Step 1 - call and ask for the current 100k offer to get the AMEX MR PLAT card for $1000 spend in 90 days. (800-297-3276) If the first rep does not help or know call back. If they want a code use the 100k promo Offer ID: 3882. Keep calling until you get one who will CONFIRM the 100k offer for you.

Step 2 - same day after you get that do this card:
    Http://www201.americanexpress.com/s...Channels&lpid=306&openeep=42174&ccsgeep=40289

Step 3 - sign up for this at DELTA:
    Http://dmn.delta.com/offers/getmore/

You only have till MAY 31 to get this all done. It can be done. You can get a points advance of 60k with the first AMEX card. If you buy a AMEX GIFT card for $1000 you get the spend done right away(also send a payment so it is paid in FULL right away - important). Then ask a REP to "push" the 100k MR points also right away as the DELTA deal ends MAY 31. You will net out 150,000 DELTA points and 25k MQM.
    https://www311.americanexpress.com/...lleracctnbr=US001-108883&intlink=GC:HmPg:CMGC

Step 4 - if you want do this - use your 190,000 DELTA miles to buy 11,000 each AMEX $100 gift cards (just like cash spend where ever you want - or fly over the pond 2 in BIZ class for $900 all-in)! They will not show as available UNTIL you have your DELTA RESERVE card showing active in your sky miles account:
    Https://marketplace.delta.com/rewardDetail.aspx?RewardId=17924

Bottom line is you get $1700-900(2 card fee 1 year)= $800

You get so many perks it is unreal on top of the 45k MQM and only 5k from GOLD for this year and all of next year until FEB2013!

As INGY says your credit is you most important asset so only do this if you have GOOD credit and can take the hit to your credit score:

http://www.creditkarma.com/

ENJOY!

2. BWIflyer
    Original Member

BWIflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I applied for AMEX gold and received 50K miles. What should I do with them to maximize benefit.

3. cfischer
    Original Member

cfischer Silver Member

Status Points:
    tranfer to Delta for the MQM and RDM bonus. This is a pretty good offer IMO.

deltaGOLDflyer likes this.
  4. Delta Points
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Call the number above. Ask for the difference (extra 50k points) under the new offer. Mention or don't mention the code. Call 10x times if you have to. I got the extra 50k for my GOLD and wife got the extra 50k for her PLAT!:p

5. toddreg
    Original Member

toddreg Silver Member

Status Points:
    OK, not sure if I get all of the OP. Can you break it down a little more. Why the rush, doesn't seem like that there is a big hurry to get this done? Where do you get the 150,000, I see 140,000. Why do you have to call to "push" points and what exactly are you referring to by "push? How do you acvance points?

6. Delta Points
    Original Member

Status Points:
    The MR points only will show "pending" once you hit the spend number for about 30-60 days. AMEX can if you are nice move them from pending into the account. If you have never sent MR points to DELTA, and can get the bonus signup (I cant cuz I did it last year) you get the first time you send points a 50% bonus on miles (NOT MQM) thus if you send - by MAY31 - 100k you net out 150k. Then if you do the spend on the RESERVE card you get 40k skymiles from that card. Thus you net out a total of 190k! Clear?

7. penumpang
    Original Member

penumpang Gold Member

Status Points:
    When you transfer 50K with the 25K MQM, I know that the points instantly show up in the DL Skymiles account, but how long does it take for the Silver status to take effect?

8. Delta Points
    Original Member

Status Points:
    24hrs or less

penumpang likes this.
  9. euromannn
    Original Member

euromannn Gold Member

Status Points:
    So 2 different credit cards for $150,000 points and platinum status till 2013?

This means upgrades on most flights that you schedule...if done on bizz/1st availability?

10. DHahn
    Original Member

DHahn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is this offer still available (has anyone successfully gotten this 100K offer recently)?

11. Delta Points
    Original Member

Status Points:
    It is 45k mqm to start and then yes you can earn another 30k mqm with spend and mint coins so sure you can end up with PM for the year. Not a bad deal at all I would say!

12. kyunbit
    Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

Status Points:
    The code 3882 is for the plat card. You are saying you got 50K bonus using the code for the Gold card? what was your signup bonus when you applied for the Gold card?

13. Delta Points
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Yep code worked for GOLD card too. I got 50k last year nad 50k bonus this year net = 100k for a no first year card (I did have to spend $10,000 to get it - back then you could buy AMEX gift cards, get paid via big crumbs, and order mint coins - so I earned the 100k points and a few hundred bucks on top of that :))

14. Delta Points
    Original Member

Status Points:
    as an update it looks like people have been telling AMEX about this thing on "Flyer Talk" and the gig may be up. I love how people just don't get that - "loose lips sink ships"!:mad:

lichenlt, ryandc99 and euromannn like this.
  15. penumpang
    Original Member

penumpang Gold Member

Status Points:
    My partner and I travel together almost all the time (except for work) and I have 100K MR points. Which is better: transfer all 100K to my DL account, get 150 RDM plus 25K MQM, or transfer 50K to my account, the other 50K to partner's, each gets 75K RDM plus 25K MQM? I'm not too familiar with DL program, but if I'm not mistaken, many Silver elite benefits are extended to a companion.

What would you suggest?

16. Delta Points
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Wow hard one. SILVER is worth not too much now-a-days and as to extended - well sorta. You do get some breaks on EC and can pick exit row. You get free bags and roll-over MQM's. I can see you both getting SILVER and then at least one of you going for GOLD or more. As long as you do the FIRST TIME EVER MR 50k or more by May 31 you should both be good to go!

penumpang likes this.
  17. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    To me it would seem better to get 25K into two accounts rather than only one, although of course this depends on how you plan to spend the bonus miles.

If you check bags and don't have a DL AmEx, Silver can be very valuable. It's better than nothing for check in lines and boarding, but don't expect lots of upgrades unless you travel on routes and at times that aren't at all elite heavy.

penumpang likes this.
  18. penumpang
    Original Member

penumpang Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you both for your suggestions. I'm leaning heavily towards getting two Silvers now. :)