Earn American Airlines Miles for Purchasing Bose Products

Discussion in 'Deal Page | Air/Hotel' started by MLW20, Dec 19, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    [​IMG]
    A little over a week ago I wrote about earning 1,500 Delta SkyMiles for purchasing Bose QuietComfort 15 headphones.

A few days ago Kim received a letter from Bose with what I believe is a more valuable offer than the previous one I mentioned.

Bose is offering 1,500 American Airlines AAdvantage miles for purchasing a pair of Bose QC 15 headphones. I have the bulk of my miles with AAdvantage and find it much easier to book award flights with AA (at a better price) so I value them much more than SkyMiles.

Another great thing about the Bose American Airlines offer is that you can also earn miles for purchasing a few other Bose products.
    Here are the products:
    I am not in the market for any of these Bose products, but if you're thinking of purchasing any of these items you might as well earn some bonus miles for doing so!

To earn AAdvantage miles for purchasing any of the Bose products listed above, Click Here.
    ***Complete your purchase by December 31, 2012 to earn the bonus miles.

(originally posted to my blog HERE)

foxberg, marcwint55 and sobore like this.
  2. anabolism
    Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

Status Points:
    I decided to replace my Sennheiser noise-cancelling headset with Bose because they really do have more noise cancellation (even though the Sennheiser are smaller and probably better sound quality). It can be hard to catch the dialog on some in flight movies (I wish they had subtitles or captions just because of the noisy environment in the air, not to mention that I don't understand how they can overlook their deaf and hard-of-hearing passengers).

I remembered that the Admiral's Club had sent out something about a 1500 mile bonus, but it turns out you only need to ask for the miles when you call Bose (I'd called to see if they had any of the limited-edition blue left, which I wanted so they'd stand out from the AA-issued ones).

MLW20 and marcwint55 like this.
  3. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:

I have the Sennheiser and the Bose. My first Bose broke and I find that the Sennheiser is more durable plus I like the button that allows you to hear the flight attendant without taking off the headset.

foxberg, MLW20 and anabolism like this.
  4. anabolism
    Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

Status Points:
    I do like that button. Plus I like that my Sennheisers are very small. We probably have different Sennheisers; mine are on-the-ear and fold up into a very small case that has an external pocket that holds my iPod. They don't give the impression of being especially well-made though (just average).

Years ago I had the original Bose QC and then the QC2s or whatever the second generation was called (one had a separate battery pack and the other had the battery incorporated). Both had huge cases that took up a lot of room in my laptop backpack, which was one reason I switched to the Sennheiser. The Bose just arrived (free two-day shipping as well as 1500 AA miles) so I'll try them out and see how big they are and how hot my ears get on my flights next week.

marcwint55 and MLW20 like this.
  5. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Personally, out of the two I like Sennheiser better. I use Audio-Technica ATH-ANC9 though. One thing I don't like about them is that after prolonged continuous use they are a bit too hard on my ears.[/quote]

6. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    There are constant promotions year in year out that Bose is doing with various airlines. Sometimes they also run a promo were you get miles for watching their video online and more for visiting a participating Bose store.

MLW20 likes this.
  7. anabolism
    Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

Status Points:
    My Sennheiser is the model that sits on top of the ears (doesn't surround them) and folds up fairly small. They're rather thin and a little flimsy. I also used to use an in-ear noise-cancelling Audio-Technica that did a good job but was a real pain to remove for snippets of conversation so I got out of the habit of bringing them.

I can see that the Audio-Technica ATH-ANC9 looks like the type that surrounds the ear.

Which type of Sennheiser do you have that you like?

8. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Right- I haven't seen the miles for watching a video offer in a couple of years.

9. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    There was one last year and a year before that.