Earn A|Club points by checking in at Accor Hotels

Discussion in 'Accor | Le Club Accorhotels' started by thewinchester, Jan 11, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. thewinchester
    Original Member

thewinchester Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, this has just hit my inbox within the last hour and I'm still breaking down the information - so here's the details so far:

• Program is called A|Club Places
    • Uses Facebook Places check-ins
    • Participants can earn A|Club points and special social badges from their check-ins and visits to over 2,300 Accor properties worldwide
    How to register
    1. Like the official A|Club page on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AClubofficial?sk=app_156980291047774
    2. Once you've liked the page, press the Go button to link your A|Club account details to your Facebook profile, and permit Accor's A|Club Places application to access information from your Facebook account.
    How to earn points
    Once you have linked your account & authorised information access (see above) - use the Facebook application on your compatible phone or device, and using the Places or Nearby functions simply check-in at the Accor hotel you're currently at.
    According to the graphics, points can be earned from visits to the following chains:

• Sofitel
    • Pullman
    • MGallery
    • Novotel
    • Suite Novotel
    • Mecure
    • Adagio
    • ibis
    • All Seasons
    How many points can I earn from check-ins?
    Sorry, I don't have the answer to that question yet, the page doesn't share that information.
    More info as it comes to hand, and there's no info on the main A|Club website as yet about it, nor the Accor Group website press section.

Putra, Travelled and aitchly like this.
  2. Travelled

Travelled Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for a nice post, Does it work with foursquare? Regards

3. SmooveG

SmooveG Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the post, i registered and now let's see if it works.
    Using something similar already for Priority Club. Top Guest.

4. thewinchester
    Original Member

thewinchester Silver Member

Status Points:
    @Travelled: At this stage, no. It only work with Facebook places check-ins.

I wish they linked it with Foursquare, as it's much easier and more intuitive, and not withstanding it is supported on a much wider array of devices (unlike places which is pretty much Web or iOS only).