Earn 50% bonus miles system-wide on AA metal through 2 March 2014

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by Wandering Aramean, Jan 13, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    New promo out this week to continue the merger fun. It is open to everyone who registers; it is not targeted at all.

The quirk I am enjoying is that as a US Silver I get more miles on US metal (50% bonus) using a non-status AAdvantage account than my US Silver account. Ditto on AA metal for an AAdvantage Gold earning only 25% versus a non-status USDM account which will earn 50% extra.

Of course, you have to play the bonus miles against the other benefits to decide which way to go (or try to change the FF# last minute and get all the benefits).

Make sure to register for both the AA and US versions:
    http://shopping.usairways.com/promotion/dividendmiles/registration.aspx?PromoCode=UM50
    http://www.aa.com/viewPromotionDetails.do?fN=aad-us-air-offer.xml&_locale=en_US

2. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Newscience likes this.
  4. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, and very interesting. Although I'm CP with US, the only notice received so far is an email from AA (where I'm non-status). Granted, this is the "new AA", but shouldn't a notice also be sent from US? :rolleyes:

5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Emails are also being sent from US. It takes a while to send that many messages out.

Newscience likes this.
  6. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    The US generated email subject line is "More Choices, More Destinations"
    The AA generated email subject line is "Seamlessly book travel in US airways"

Newscience likes this.
  7. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I registered for both with an upcoming AA flight and looking to book a flight on US before the end date. It's a win-win. :) Let's hope the honeymoon phase continues.

Newscience likes this.
  8. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, got my email notice ~3:00 pm. You must be on Messrs. Horton, Kirby, or Parker's direct email list! ;)

9. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I got mine well after that. Doesn't mean that I don't understand how the systems work and how the emails were being sent out.

10. enichols22124

enichols22124 Silver Member

Status Points:
    So this doesn't stack, is that correct? As an example, as a Gold US Airways I would already earn a bonus of 50%, is this an additional 50%? Or is this targeted to lower tiers? If so, then this is not enticing for elites in either program since it doesn't do anything to encourage it. If it is stackable, then this is great.

11. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    It is absolutely not targeted. And my understanding is that it does stack on top of other elite bonus earning.