Earn 25k SPG points with SPG Amex Business Card

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by K F, Jan 8, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. K F

K F Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi Fellow Travelers,

I just received an e-mail from Amex for the Starwood Business card that earns 10k points after the first purchase and 15k more after $5k in purchases, as well as the first year fee($65) waived. This is a better deal than the card I got last year that needed $15k spend to earn the same points, which is a challenge if you're not a big spender. Hopefully this is the new threshold for the card so more people can actually take advantage of this! It says the offer expires February 11, 2012 so if anyone is interested in getting this feel free to message me and I will send you the referral.

Just to help any newbies out, this card has great value with their hotels with 5th night free awards and Cash & Points redemptions. Also, there are great airline transfer bonuses, like the US Air promo last year that earned a lot of people 43.75k miles for 20k SPG points, which is almost a 119% bonus.

Thanks for everyone that responded to the personal card offer last year, which turned out to be helpful for quite a few members. I hope to help out a few business colleagues as well this year so thank you in advance!

2. infamousdx

infamousdx Silver Member

Status Points:
    I believe this has been out for a few months now. I got my SPG Personal along the same terms as you, $15k spend. I applied, in November, for the Biz version that only required this $5k spend, but for 30k starpoints. Glad they lowered the spend thresholds!

TAHKUCT likes this.
  3. leeivan86
    Original Member

leeivan86 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just got the same email that awards 10000 points after first spend and an extra 15000 after 5K of spend in 3 months. If anyone here is thinking of taking up the offer and applying for the business amex before Feb 11, do drop me a pm and I will respond as soon as i can with a referral. Much appreciated.

Disclosure: I do get an spg referral bonus through the link that I send you.

4. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    likewise about happy to refer any and all of you for nothing more than a PM. ;)

5. K F

K F Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just an update, the offer ends February 13 and you have until the 28th to submit your application and be approved. Thanks again for the offers and if you're planning on getting it in the next 3 days shoot me a message!

TAHKUCT likes this.
  6. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wish I knew whether there would be a better offer for the new cardmember coming up later, as I have some friends I'd like to refer, but was hoping for a smaller minimum spend for them. (Love the 10,000 point referral bonus through tomorrow, though.) PM me or the others in this thread if you would like a referral for the current offer.

TAHKUCT likes this.
  7. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Smaller spend would be nice.