Earn 25,000 AAdvantage Miles With DIRECTV

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by MLW20, Aug 13, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    How would you like to earn 25,000 American Airlines AAdvantage miles for watching TV?
    New DIRECTV customers can earn 25,000 AAdvantage miles when signing up for a 24 month agreement. (current DIRECTV members or those that have been within the last 24 months are not eligible)
    Offer ends 8/29/12
    Find out more HERE

sobore likes this.
  2. IPBrian

IPBrian Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is awesome for someone who is planning on signing up already...I don't think (even for 25K miles) I would enter into another contract with the satellite vendors (if I can help it).

garyst16 and Sunshine7 like this.
  3. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I hear ya. I would not switch to satellite either but if you're looking to do so it's a nice offer. From what I recall, anyone with satellite seems to lose service or have delays with any bit of rain or wind!

4. IPBrian

IPBrian Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't have too much trouble (only in heavy rain), but I am month to month now and would cancel the whole thing if my wife wasn't so crazy for basketball! :rolleyes:

5. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    That is pretty funny! Maybe the service has improved in recent years? I don't really know anyone that has it anymore...

6. IPBrian

IPBrian Silver Member

Status Points:
    Its all in the dish pointing and signal strength...well and also your relative position geographically in the US in relation to geosynchronous orbit of the satellites. ;)

7. servo

servo Silver Member

Status Points:
    LOL - that's the opposite problem that I have. We dropped cable after basketball season, but once it comes around again (especially college), I might go nuts without something. However, 24 month contract? How much is the early cancellation fee? If the miles posted within the first 120 days as they indicate, I think it would be completely worth paying a $200 early term fee for 25k miles - unless they either don't post the miles for 2 years, or somewhere in the T&C they say that they can revoke the miles if you don't fulfill the entire contract.

I used to work for RCA when the set top boxes for DirecTV first came out, and you're exactly right about the dish pointing. If you do the work yourself and are meticulous in your setup, with a 90-95 signal strength in clear conditions, then you're going to be MUCH better off with regard to signal quality in bad weather. "Pro" installers were a joke in the late 90's thru the mid 2000's, as they were sending any 16 year old they could find to be an "authorized installer". They'd get the picture up, signal in the low to mid 80's in perfect weather, and then customers would get ticked when a cloud went over their house and their signal started clipping.

8. Max M

Max M Gold Member

Status Points: