Earn 2,500 HHonors Holiday Bonus Points for a Stay of 2 Nights or More December 1-31, 2015

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by NYCUA1K, Nov 19, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Click on image for terms and conditions and to register. It is that easy...

upload_2015-11-20_0-16-5.png

*Offer subject to availability at participating U.S. hotels and resorts in the Hilton Worldwide portfolio for stays completed between December 1, 2015 and December 31, 2015. Offer requires a 2 night minimum length of stay. Hilton HHonors™ members must first register at HHonors.com/HolidayBonus prior to check-out of your first stay within the Promotion Period. Registered HHonors members will earn 2,500 HHonors Bonus Points per stay during the Promotion Period. A "stay" is defined as the total number of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, whether or not a guest checks out and checks back in again. Registered HHonors members will only receive Bonus Points for stays completed during the Promotion Period regardless of a check-in date before the Promotion Period begins or a check-out date after the Promotion Period ends. Please allow six to eight weeks from completion of your stay for points to appear in your HHonors account. Offer subject to availability at participating hotels and cannot be combined with other select offers and rates.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
    iolaire likes this.
  2. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks I though for once I could use this but maybe not since my stay starts on the 30th...

NYCUA1K likes this.
  3. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    But maybe you will if it spills beyond December 1, which would be during the promo period. I am in a similar situation with a stay at the Drake in Chicago, which starts on the 11/29 but I will check out on 12/02. We'll see...

iolaire likes this.
  4. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, my stay is 30 & 1 so its two nights but only the last night qualifies so I don't know.

NYCUA1K likes this.
  5. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ah, that could be a problem, because none of your nights would be during the promo period. Come to think of it, I would be checking out on 12/02 so that I too may not get any points since only one night (12/01) may count. However, I will still have 3 stays of at least 2 nights between 12/01 and 12/31 so that I should get at least 7,500 points out of this promo...

iolaire likes this.
  6. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    It was unclear whether or not this would happen, but my stay at The Drake in Chicago 11/29- 12/02 (checking out on 12/02 so that only one night, 12/01, was fully within the promo period) earned me this 2,500 bonus.

The T&C stated that "Registered HHonors members will only receive Bonus Points for stays completed during the Promotion Period regardless of a check-in date before the Promotion Period begins or a check-out date after the Promotion Period ends."

Because I got the points with just one night fully within the promo period, my generous interpretation of the rule is that a stay of 2 nights or more which is completed during the promo period may earn this bonus. If that is the case, then you too should earn the bonus.

7. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks was the bonus its own line or in the total for the stay? My stay posted as 9,205 points and 298 miles. For two nights at a total cost of ~$298. Honestly I've not had a paid Hilton stay for as long as I remember so I don't know how those stay points are calculated but 9,205 seems like it could have two stays bonus points in it. I now see that two day stay credited for two nights and 2,980 Base Points, so I'd guess anything above that is bonus points?

8. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can go to your stay on hhonors and see the breakdown.

iolaire likes this.
  9. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great, thanks, yes I go the winter bonus, plus the 2015 TRIPLE YOUR TRIP OFFER.

NYCUA1K likes this.
  10. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's it. You got the 2500 bonus points as the "winter bonus."

iolaire likes this.
  11. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow! It seems that I just got an early Xmas present that keeps on giving!

On my way from the trip above where I stayed at The Drake in ORD back to LGA, my UA flight got diverted to IAD due to a mechanical problem that would have made tough to land at LGA. Because we landed at IAD in late evening, UA could not rebook us on another flight to LGA that night, so we were issued vouchers to stay at Hilton Dulles overnight and take an early flight the next morning to LGA.

Then, as soon as we landed at LGA the next morning, I got a text message (everyone who got diverted did) from UA apologizing for the inconvenience caused by the diversion to IAD and inviting us to visit a website where we could select a token of appreciation, which was either 6,250 RDMs or $125 good toward the purchase of any ticket (I selected the miles). That was the first gift...

Then, as a result of the discussion here, I just visited my HHonors account and noticed that, not only did I get full HHonors points and night/stay credit for the one-night stay at Hilton Dulles, which was paid for with the UA voucher, I got bonus points for the TRIPLE YOUR TRIP promo...twice!

upload_2015-12-6_15-8-26.png

Notice that the TRIPLE YOUR TRIP points first posted with the rest of the points for the stay [UA voucher = $67; incidentals = $25; total = $92 for a 920 base; the bonus was thus 920 or 2x for a weekday]; and then a day later (12/04) I got 5,000 HH points for "2015 TRIPLE YOUR TRIP PLUS OFFER", which must have been the property's "discretionary" bonus points because there is no way to get 5,000 points by doubling or even tripling my spend during this stay, and I had already gotten the bonus points for the TRIPLE MY TIP promo! ;)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
    iolaire likes this.
  12. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    You are welcome :)

iolaire likes this.