Early NYC Arrivers - See the B’way Revival of “Godspell”?

Discussion in 'OWMD (oneworld MegaDO)' started by From NYC, Nov 23, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. From NYC
    Original Member

From NYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    As I posted in the main thread, I’m a very small investor in the show, and, as such, can arrange for a further discount on group tickets to “Godspell” on Broadway, so long as there’s a minimum of 10 people who’d come to see it. The price will depend on the total number of people who will pay in advance and come.

There are 2 possibilities:
    1 - Saturday night, Jan 21 at 8PM;
    2 - Sunday matinee, Jan 22 at 2:30PM.

Please note that a group rate minimum attendance is per show, so if 5 want to come to the evening and 5 to the matinee, there won’t be enough people for the group rate. If there’s 10 and 10, great!

So, please indicate below whether you’d be interested in coming Saturday night or Sunday afternoon. I’ll follow up on that thread with cost of tickets when I know it. Please also indicate if you’re flexible about date to see the show, so that if there’s not enough to get group tickets for one show, we’ll combine to make a group of 10; that would most likely be the matinee on Sunday.

I don’t know how to set up wiki’s, but if someone wants to do that so that the list for Saturday night and Sunday matinee is evident, I’d be grateful, if the response warrants.

And, as I posted in the main thread, I do not get a commission from these tickets sales. As an investor in the show, my benefit comes from having people buy tickets so that the show can move to recouping its costs and, hopefully, move into profit.

I’ve seen the show, and the entire audience was having a great time. It’s a small theatre, and the show is done in the round. You’ll be up close, and truly feel a part of it, no matter where you sit.

The website for the show is http://www.godspell.com/#start and you can just scroll around instead of clicking on pages to get to the next bit. It’s a newer way of presenting websites, so give it a try.

2. From NYC
    Original Member

From NYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    People who want to come Saturday night:

People who want to come Sunday matinee:
    IDGflygirl

People who are good with either:

3. From NYC
    Original Member

From NYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    (Reserved for ticket pricing and buying info when it’s ready.)

UPDATE 11/23/11: Just found out that there’s no additional discount for Saturday evening performances and that tickets will cost $99.00. Don’t yet know about Sunday matinee.

4. dmel

dmel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sounds fun- I'll check with my wife and see if she's interested.

I can set it up for you, but don't know if it's necessary, since it would duplicate your updates to post #2 - or maybe you'd delete post#2 in favor of a wiki page?

From NYC likes this.
  5. From NYC
    Original Member

From NYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks very much for the offer. I’m easy either way. Just thought that, if I get busy, a wiki would be a quick way to gauge attendance for a particular show, rather than me scrolling through the thread.

If people link to this thread, it’d be a good way for them to get the latest info as it develops. Not sure they’d get that just by signing up on the wiki. Such is the lack of ken I have in these things!:eek:

6. drewbles
    Original Member

drewbles Gold Member

Status Points:
    Alas my DL flight doesn't get in until 1449, so i'll have to be out of this one (I'll probably have nice amounts of jet lag anyway, so dinner and bed will serve me well!).

FriendlySkies likes this.
  7. IDGflygirl
    Original Member

IDGflygirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am interested! My preference would be the Sun. matinee, but if there ends up being more interest for the Sat. evening show, I can probably make that.

8. dmel

dmel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Looks like we won't be able to make it, sorry. Hope you get at least 10 and have a great show.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

9. FriendlySkies
    Original Member

FriendlySkies Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm definitely interested, but not sure if I'll be going to NY on Saturday or Sunday. However, I should know my flight plans in the next couple of weeks.

IDGflygirl likes this.
  10. From NYC
    Original Member

From NYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    Give a shout when you know and we’ll see where we are at the that point.

IDGflygirl likes this.
  11. TelevisionTdTina

TelevisionTdTina Silver Member

Status Points:
    I saw this on Travelzoo this week... I don't know if it will help.
    http://www.travelzoo.com/entertainm...-NYC-up-to-40-Off-1146196/?conf=1&cm=signedin

All seats at Circle in the Square Theatre are discounted for Sunday-Friday and weekend matinee performances:
    • Last row of the Orchestra, Row K … $59.50 (reg. $79.50)
    • Orchestra Rows A-J … $79.50 (reg. $135)
    All Orchestra seats are $89.50 (reg. $135) at Saturday evening performance.

Book by Dec. 9.

IDGflygirl likes this.
  12. From NYC
    Original Member

From NYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just be aware that there are just over $10.00 in extra fees per ticket.

FriendlySkies and IDGflygirl like this.
  13. storyteller
    Original Member

storyteller Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not sure that I'll be able to commit to this, so best to say thank you , but no, at this time.