Early IST flight Advice

Discussion in 'Europe' started by iamapirate, Nov 15, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. iamapirate

iamapirate Active Member

Hey Guys,

I'll be in Istanbul next week for my first time. My flight departing IST is the 6:20 to MUC. I wanted to see if anyone had any advice or opinions on what I should do my last night there. I was leaning towards pulling an all nighter instead of getting a room since I have to be at the airport so early.

Also, being that it's so early/late should I rely on a taxi to get me to the airport or should I check into getting a private car.

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

I was on that same flight in January. I stayed at my hotel in the Beyoglu area and took the hotel car to the airport in the morning. I think I left the hotel at 4:15-4:30. No traffic at all and it was a quick ride; I even had time to go to the lounge for a few minutes. If you can locate one of the many cab stands around town and it is convenient to where you are staying then getting a taksi there should not be a problem, but there is a small risk. In the end I paid the $10-15 extra to skip that risk.
    HiIslands and iamapirate like this.
  3. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

I flew out of IST at 555a this past Monday. I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Old City (GREAT stay!) - used the metro/tram to get to the property (about $4) and a taxi to head back to IST (about $20-25). I recommend staying in the city - I left at 340ish and was at the airport by 415 or so.

iamapirate likes this.