Early Check In?

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by manfromkrypton, May 3, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. manfromkrypton
    Original Member

manfromkrypton Silver Member

Status Points:
    Many years ago, when I traveled on BA, I remember that they had different check in windows depending on whether you had status or if you bought full fare vs. discount, etc. Does anyone else remember this?

Does BA have any such early check-in programs today? E.G. if you are O/W Emerald or Sapphire?

2. Globaliser
    Original Member

Globaliser Silver Member

Status Points:
    If by "windows" you mean desks, OW Emeralds may use First check-in desks where available, regardless of cabin. OW Emeralds and OW Sapphires may use Club World or Club Europe check-in desks, regardless of cabin.

If you mean time slots, online check-in opens at the same time for everyone: 24 hours before flight departure, or before the departure of the first flight on a connecting itinerary. However, OWE and OWS can get complimentary seat pre-allocation before check-in opens. At some airports, baggage will be accepted at First and Club desks earlier than it would be at economy desks. For example, I think that at LHR T5 you can drop your bag at a First or Club desk at any time on the day of travel, whereas baggage will only be accepted at economy desks three hours or so before departure.

3. manfromkrypton
    Original Member

manfromkrypton Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yea, sorry, I meant time slots. How do I get seat assignments prior to the check in time? I couldnt see how to do it on the website, and there really isnt any instructions on their support page.

4. Globaliser
    Original Member

Globaliser Silver Member

Status Points:
    Go to Manage My Booking. Once you get into the booking, you'll see links for "Seating" - the exact location depends on whether you're shown the old version or the new version of MMB. Clicking through one of these links will take you to the seat maps where you can pick your seats.

If the site wants to charge you for doing this, it means that your OWE or OWS status is not properly showing in the system.