Early bag check at LHR?

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by TravelerRob, Oct 10, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone know how early I can check a bag in at LHR for an LH flight to MUC? My flight is scheduled at 1605. I'm staying near the airport but have to go to the city that morning for meetings and would prefer to check my bag so I don't have to travel to the city with it. I'd want to check it about 0900.

Will LH allow me to do this? The website only mentions that bags must be checked in 40 minutes before the flight but not how far in advance one can check a bag in.

Thanks in advance,
    Rob

2. flynhwn

flynhwn Silver Member

Status Points:
    I believe it was three hours. You can call the airline and ask. Call twice as I was given the wrong info once by AS.

3. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think you can check in a bag whenever you're checked in for that flight -- meaning up to 24 hrs before departure.

4. MacM

MacM New Member

Status Points:
    Definitely not in LHR if you want to check it in one day before the departure. In November 2013, I was flying at 6:30 AM but was not able to check in my bag in the evening the day before (approx. 12 hours before departure).