Early arrivals, how often have you gotten your room ASAP?

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Canadi>n, Jun 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have recently had several early morning arrivals at HIs, and to my surprise have been able to get my room without waiting. While I know this is a benefit of being an RA, this certainly is not extended to elite status as a Platinum PC elite. Suspect my ability to get these rooms at 7:30am is partially based on the fact that the properties have had low occupancy the night before.

This has happened recently at the HI SEA and HI Santa Monica. (I always have a room ready when I get to the IC Sydney at this hour, but that's an RA benefit.)

Any others have such luck with their early arrivals at ICH properties?

2. I have twice, as a RA, had to wait until 1PM for a room at the london IC even though I wrote to the concierge about my early arrival.

3. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Most of my morning arrivals are in Europe. This year I've been able to check in early in Brussels (CP Le Palace), Madrid (HI) and London (HIX Canning Town) after overnight flights from the U.S. Was prepared to just leave my bag if I needed to but didn't come to that. I only have gold status.

lwkatya likes this.
  4. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Had a morning arrival (~ 8.30 am) at IC Singapore one time and my room was ready. I was Plat Amb. The couple before me was told that their room wasn't ready yet.

lwkatya likes this.
  5. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    It depends on the hotel obviously and how busy they are... I've stayed at plenty of HIX hotels where I arrived late morning or close to noon and was just given a key and told to go up.

lwkatya likes this.
  6. no-backpacker
    Original Member

no-backpacker Silver Member

Status Points:
    Maybe I have been lucky, but I have always had my room ready at ICs.

Xxx.

7. infoworks
    Original Member

infoworks Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have always let them (ICs) know my arrival times and the few times I have needed early check in, they have been very accommodating.

8. Travelsavant
    Original Member

Travelsavant Gold Member

Status Points:
    Platinum Ambassador here but have had fairly good luck at all PC hotels with early arrivals with the exception of one of my most recent stays, HIE Kanab UT. Now normally I really would not expect much from a HIE but I was there for the red rocks (naturally) & had booked 2, "King Suite" rooms. When we finally got our rooms, our suites were directly behind entrance marquee, so window was totally blocked out - no light & certainly no view. Early check in would have changed room selection but the Manager could have cared less. Unfortunately not much to choose from in that locale. But hey, it was only 1 hotel, 2 nights so not a big issue in the PC scheme of things.

9. Exiled in Express
    Original Member

Exiled in Express Gold Member

Status Points:
    Been accomodated on every early arrival except one, CP Lexington. That was also the one closest to stated checkin time as well.