Earbud/headphone grab bag at JLab Audio five bucks

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by iolaire, Dec 11, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Last year I got in on the JLab Audio grab bag for the first time, and was quite happy with it. Basically you pay $5 plus shipping for a random product from JLab Audio. I ordered three grab bags and received three ear bud style headphones, one pink and two darker colors with an inline microphone. People debate if the bags are worth it, especially when they (the boys) are offended to get a pink ear bud, but for the price its a great deal. I find the headphones much better than the average $4 ear bud that I buy and I'm happy to have some spares for when my current headphones die. On US flights I'm finding the ear bud style headphones provide enough noise blocking versus bulkier real noise cancelation headphones.

This grab bag is offered again this year:
    http://www.jlabaudio.com/collections/grab-bag
    This year they also added a $10 option that would at a minimum be a mp3 player, at the best an android tablet.

I went ahead and spent $40 for two of each. I don't really need the more headphones, but its interesting to see what you get, maybe I'll get a better quality Bluetooth speaker.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  2. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, iolare! Just gave it a shot, will post back if any big surprises occur. ;)

Mapsmith and iolaire like this.
  3. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd say it's a tough call since they have those ear buds on sale for $7.99 with free shipping and you get to choose the color. But if you don't care about the color at worse you save 49 cents and at best you get something better.

Mapsmith, iolaire and Newscience like this.
  4. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks Iolaire, figured it was worth a shot. Needed a couple of small gifts for some people. So I got one of each size. When they come in I will decide if I keep them or gift them.

iolaire and Newscience like this.
  5. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    They don't all come in retail packing. Some are in ziplock like bags. They don't look bad, but some people think that makes them non gift able.

Mapsmith likes this.
  6. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have a retail store. I can package anything to look new.

iolaire and viguera like this.
  7. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    So I received two J5 headphones, one in purple and one in pink with the microphone - that was as good as I could expect for the $5 packages. The $10 packages were a shuffle sized MP3 player and a larger video/MP3 player. Those were much less usable since like most people have I have phones and iPads that play music. But I'll keep them around for when I need a $10 gift for something. (All items were in retail packaging this year.) I would not order the $10 package again, but would do the $5 version ($7.50 with shipping).