Eagle cancels 1,941 fliights in June

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by tom911, Jul 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have to say I was somewhat surprised at this number, but it appears a lot of it may be due to DFW weather where the airport had only 56.85% of flights depart on time in the same month.

On the other side, AA had a better on-time departure percentage than a number of carriers, including Southwest and UA.

Article here: June flight cancellations taper

Microwave likes this.
  2. yousavvy

yousavvy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just took a flight that was more than 2 hours from MIA to CMH on Eagle... I didn't look when I booked my connecting flight back from Brasilia... It was the longest flight in a little 1 - 2 configured EMB.... Never again! I wish I would have had that flight canceled... :)

3. demkr
    Original Member

demkr Silver Member

Status Points:
    Other airports that racked up poor on-time departure numbers this past June according to the folks at FlightStats: Miami International (51.09 percent), Chicago O’Hare (57.27 percent), New York Kennedy (62.12 percent), and New York LaGuardia (66.67 percent).

Yeepers. These should be labeled "Cornerstone stand alone"

Although it is surprising to see American beating United in on-time departures for the first time in awhile-figures, the minute I switch horses :D

4. Elusive

Elusive Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's probably more cancelled flights than they need to in order to avoid breaking the 3 hour rules and getting fined.

5. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    ORD had several bouts of crappy weather that helped the statistics

6. demkr
    Original Member

demkr Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's what I'm thinking too. There were significantly fewer flights operating in June, therefore a better "on time" rate of those that actually did. A good time to compare is during a winter storm at ORD and look at the UA boards and the AA boards. AA tends to proactively cancel flights whereas UA tends to issue weather waivers (for flight changes) to minimize chaos.