E+ seat map for sCO 772s now available

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Wandering Aramean, Jun 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    It appears that the sCO 772 fleet will have E+ starting in mid-August. :cool:

Only 7 rows (one of which is already the bulkhead) so 6 new rows adding about 5" of legroom each. Not too shabby.

[​IMG]

Flyer1976, snod08, Gtitan and 3 others like this.
  2. rizwank

rizwank Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wow, for a second I was confused about the orientation, and thought that they had 10 across, mixed E+ and E-.
    Then I figured it out. I forgot they were doing 3/3/3. Is that the current UA 777 layout as well?

3. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    The, "new" config sUA 772 is 3-3-3, formerly 2-5-2.

4. lightangel

lightangel Silver Member

Status Points:
    not bad. Like this one a bit better than 2-5-2.

5. SeaRaptor
    Original Member

SeaRaptor Silver Member

Status Points:
    The IPTE conversions of sUA 772s trade the original 2-5-2 config for a 3-3-3. Eventually, all the international service 772s in the UA fleet will be 3-3-3 in economy. I'm not sure what they plan on doing with the domestic ones.

6. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    With real F upgrades likely to be a vanishing species for those of us who are not at the top of the pyramid (or willing to pay), E+ has been a nice promise. Flying out of EWR on, so far, only old CO metal, I have seen only a handful of aircraft with E+ available. I am glad to see there is some movement on this.

7. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    There's been a lot of movement on it. I haven't been on a non-E+ sCO aircraft, other than two 753s this week, in many weeks. Now, if you're flying mostly long-haul international on sCO flights, you'll not see much E+ except on 752 and 764 operated routes. But, if you're flying something operated with a 737 the odds are very much in your favor that you'll have an E+ configured aircraft, and those odds improve every week as more conversions are completed.

The only sCO aircraft where it's really hard to find E+ are the 762s (not being converted), 753s (only a few completed so far), 777s (none completed to my knowledge) and 735s (only a few completed). The 752s are 100% done and have been for months, the 764s are almost done, the 738s that don't have the mid-cabin lav are almost done (738s with mid-cabin lav haven't been touched yet), and the 739s and 73Gs are moving along quickly.

8MiHi and SeaRaptor like this.
  8. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for your update. I really cannot wait for E+ to truly fill out the fleet. I have just been notified that my EWR - LAS flight on the 24th has had an equipment change from an E+ fitted aircraft to a non E+ (a 753) with the 4 of us scattered to E- seats near the back from 4 E+ seats together. Kind of an unfriendly thing for my mother and her friend (78 and 88 years and flying). I now have to work the seating to improve the situation.