e reward suggestions?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by edenri, Mar 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. edenri
    Original Member

edenri Silver Member

Status Points:
    I finally started to pay attention to the surveys and have now made it to about $35. Now what do I do with it? It looks like I could get 1000 HH or 1000 PC. I'm leaning towards the PC, I think it is a better value, but I'm wondering what others opinions are. I could be missing something.

Lyssa and jbcarioca like this.
  2. Casey Friday
    Original Member

Casey Friday Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've got about $90 in e-Rewards money at the moment, and I'm waiting to cash in $100 on the 7,000 Hilton points.

3. sargenet
    Original Member

sargenet Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have used it to transfer over to Hilton for the last two years. Funny thing is, once I reach a little over $50 they never seem to send me any more surveys so I cash them in...then the surveys start again.

This time I cashed in my $50 to One Pass miles. I opened a Onepass account just to transfer the miles into it...then I will transfer them over to my United account since they are allowing transfers for free.

4. 2soonold
    Original Member

2soonold Gold Member

Status Points:
    Me, too. Hilton for awhile for me. :)

edenri and jbcarioca like this.
  5. ella
    Original Member

ella Silver Member

Status Points:
    I usually credit it to Hilton, sometimes OnePass. Just credited $50 / 1000 miles to Delta to get to 50k in that account.

6. Minneapolis
    Original Member

Minneapolis Active Member

Status Points:
    is it possible to switch earning airlines? I only see Delta in my possible redemptions?

jbcarioca likes this.
  7. cheepneezy
    Original Member

cheepneezy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I usually wait to accumulate $100 and go for the 4000 PC points.

8. Slightly OT but my "membership year" ends on Thursday. It will be the end of my first year. I am assuming it just auto renews but I am slightly nervous that they will zero my banked earnings. Has anyone had any experience of this?

My actual earnings are stated as expiring in May.

jbcarioca likes this.
  9. ahow628
    Original Member

ahow628 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Are you talking about e-miles instead of e-rewards? e-miles requires you to cancel your account and sign up through whichever affiliate you want to transfer too.

jbcarioca likes this.
  10. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    PC points all the way! They never expire. HH points not only will expire, but without notice they delete your account if inactive.

11. secretsea18
    Original Member

secretsea18 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have had e-rewards for a long time... They keep renewing my account annually.:)

But I have no surveys for just about forever.... I guess my balance is too high, and will use up some of my points and see if that gets me some "opportunities" to start up again.

12. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    It has been $100/7,000 HH points for me over the past two years but I just did the same thing with OnePass (but $100/2,000) and as to getting surveys, I seem to get more surveys when my balance is greater than $100 and fewer surveys when my balance is less than $100 (as it is now)

13. bez7
    Original Member

bez7 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I get a bunch of surveys, even got one for $75 the other day. I keep miles sitting there until I need to keep an account active, then redeem there.

santafefran, edenri and jbcarioca like this.
  14. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    DL miles don't expire either. I now put my e-rewards miles to DL. When I ever use them is another question.

15. Casey Friday
    Original Member

Casey Friday Silver Member

Status Points:
    Interesting... I would consider putting all my points in PC, but I have about 3k PC points at the moment, and about 60k HH, so I have to go with HH. It's good to know I need to be vigilant, though! Just last week, I saw 10k extra points in my HH account, and I have no idea why they're there.

Before that, they put an extra 30k in, then took them out a week later. Toying with my soul, I tell you!

16. edenri
    Original Member

edenri Silver Member

Status Points:
    but if you put those points into PC you could easily get to 5000, the cost of the point break hotels. I guess that's my plan at least. I'm going to save up a bit more on the e rewards and try to get to the hundred bucks for 4000 points.

Thanks for the input everyone

17. Lyssa
    Original Member

Lyssa Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am trying to get to 12,000 Southwest points by Dec to save my 6 credits. You can't use e-rewards directly for Southwest, but what would be the best possibly using a hotel transfer? Or would that be such a devaluation in points that it wouldn't be worth it?

18. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I hate quoting myself but just to update-my 2,000 CO miles posted 5 days after I did the redemption

19. Westsox
    Original Member

Westsox Gold Member

Status Points:
    PC foe me as well.

20. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I always save some for the US Airways grand slam promo, but make sure to plan accordingly as they allow 1 redemption every 6 months, iirc.

Exiled in Express and edenri like this.
  21. edenri
    Original Member

edenri Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good to know, I was not aware of that.

22. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yup, I learned that the hard way during the first US Airways Grand Slam Promo.

23. JonPal
    Original Member

JonPal Silver Member

Status Points:
    I redeem for Delta miles. Usually I wait until I hit $100 to redeem.

BTW, has anyone else faced issues with the surveys they are filling out? Recently I was taking a survey and after the first 10 minutes of answering questions, I was told I qualified to continue taking the survey. After about 20 minutes of answering additional questions, I received another message saying that they had reached the maximum number of respondents and I would only receive partial credit (a measly 25 cents). It doesn't seem right to me.

24. edenri
    Original Member

edenri Silver Member

Status Points:
    That hasn't happened to me yet, and I hope it doesn't. What a waste of time.

25. tarheelblue
    Original Member

tarheelblue Silver Member

Status Points:
    Drop a polite but decidedly unhappy email to e-rewards member services, and be sure to include the name and ID# of the survey in your email, as well as the amount you should have received. (If you go to My Account Statement and do a date search for account activity you will find the ID#.) They have been pretty responsive over the years, and frequently will credit your account when something like this happens. I think it's important that they hear about survey organizations that are taking advantage of e-rewards participants.

akcae likes this.