E-Miles Sign Up - Multiple Frequent Flyer / Hotel Programs

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by Lufthansa Flyer, Jan 22, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Up until now, I thought that E-Miles was by invitation only for a specific. I rec'd an email last night inviting me to join for United, but after digging a little deeper, I found a link that lets you choose what program you want to sign up for.

Basically it’s a marketing program that will send you emails asking you to review offers and take a survey afterwards. For your efforts you will earn between 5 and 25 miles per survey (other offers award more miles if you sign up or purchase something, depending on the offer).

Here's the link

Participating Airline programs include: Continental, Delta, United, US Airways, Alaska Airlines and Frontier. Other options include earning points for Hilton HHonors and IHG Priority Club as well as Amazon Gift Cards.

I posted this on my blog earlier and a reader had a great idea to use this program for US AIr, and keep the miles with e-miles until the grand slam promo, then transfer the miles to US Air and it would count towards the contest.

paladin87, FlyingBear and JohnDeere19 like this.
  2. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am still trying to figure out how to switch over from Delta to United on E-miles. :(

Lufthansa Flyer likes this.
  3. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Do you have an alternate email address you can use? or maybe sign up for a gmail (google) account. I was able to sign up for the UA one last night even though I have an existing DL one.

FlyingBear likes this.
  4. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    I could do that, but it's still annoying to basically start-over, seeing how I no longer need/want Delta miles and Delta does not expire their miles anyway. One of these days, when I am not lazy, it will happen :)

5. Jeff the Wanderer

Jeff the Wanderer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have had an e-miles account for a couple of years now through US Airways. It was nice for last year's Grand Slam because I already had the required 500 miles to transfer for the hit. At this point I am back up to over 500 miles again, so I am ready and waiting for the Grand Slam 2012. The more hits I have prepared ahead of time, the easier the promo is. Hopefully they won't change it too much this year.

6. flyer_o

flyer_o Gold Member

Status Points:
    In the past, it was possible to change your emiles beneficiary account assuming a couple of conditions were met. You should take a look in the member services section to see if that's still possible.

7. asanders0001

asanders0001 Silver Member

Status Points:
    If I remember correctly "starting over" gets you an easy 200+ miles

Lufthansa Flyer and FlyingBear like this.
  8. dayone
    Original Member

dayone Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's much easier to start a new account than to try to change your miles partner.

Lufthansa Flyer and TAHKUCT like this.
  9. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have 2 e-miles accounts registered with 2 different emails.

10. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would agree. Just create another free gmail account.

11. Robin
    Original Member

Robin Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ditto. I have 2 e-mile accounts w/2 different emails.

12. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Have run up my new mp balance to 140 mliles... F redemption imminent........about as imminent as a glaciers pace....

13. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    e-miles once showed on each page what program you were tied to. That's gone now. Makes my management a little more complicated.

14. Andyandy
    Original Member

Andyandy Gold Member

Status Points:
    If, in theory, one was managing, to pick a number out of the air, 15 E-miles accounts, one could register each one with Awardwallet. That way one could simply click through to each account once a week or so and complete the offers. Much easier than manually logging in and tracking separate accounts. Doesn't solve the problem of E-miles not listing the program on the home page, but miles are miles.

15. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    That is a theoretically brilliant thought. Thanks!

Andyandy, Espan and bearcat74 like this.
  16. Espan

Espan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Damn, 15 E-miles account, I've been sitting on the fence about cancelling the one I've got, thinking it's not worth the time in a cost/benefit analysis...

Andyandy likes this.
  17. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    My main focus with these is for the US GS promo. So for my family, that means four accounts.

The others are really just used if I'm on an especially boring phone call.

18. Andyandy
    Original Member

Andyandy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Schnitzel's right that the best cost/benefit is with the US miles for the Grand Slam. But! Did you know that there's a second way to use E-miles for the Grand Slam? Sign up for Frontier, earn 500 miles, then transfer them through Points.com to US for another GS hit. I used to do Points.com transfers for programs I actually use, but the ratio is terrible. I don't mind getting a bad trade for Frontier miles if it means I get a GS hit.

Andyandy

schnitzel likes this.
  19. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not bad - but I already can use a few AA miles for a points.com transfer. That's a lot easier than plowing through that many surveys.

Regarding putting e-miles in AwardWallet, is anyone worried that when AW checks all of these accounts from the same IP, they might get suspicious? Same for e-Rewards.

Slow_Mustang likes this.
  20. Slow_Mustang
    Original Member

Slow_Mustang Silver Member

Status Points:
    If they do get suspicious and take the next step,
    Whatcha gonna do when they come looking for you? ;)

21. tbemille3

tbemille3 Active Member

Status Points:
    This is from the FAQ page on emiles:

Q. Can I change my preferred sponsor? [​IMG]

If you wish to change your preference to another e-Milessponsor, you may do so for one of the following reasons, subject to the e-Miles Member Agreement, by contacting our Member Services team via e-mail at info@e-Miles.com. However, anye-Miles miles earned that have not already been deposited to your preferred frequent flyer or sponsor account will be lost.
    1. You move fifty (50) miles or more from your current address.
    2. There is a significant reduction or elimination in service to your city with your selected sponsor.
    3. Your selected sponsor is no longer an e-Miles participating sponsor.
    4. Other conditions could apply on a case-by-case basis, subject to e-Miles Member Agreement.

22. herzog

herzog Active Member

Status Points:
    I closed my old e-miles account and tried to open a new one but it won't let me (it says the US Air account number is already in use). I'm using a different email address but of course the same US Air account. I wanted to open a new account to get the free 275 bonus with US Air but they won't allow it. Is there any way around this?

Thanks!