DY EDI-OSL

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Europe' started by redtailshark, May 24, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    DY offers efficient and good value service from EDI to OSL, and if it's just for positioning to Gardemoen for cheap OSL-USA flights the late departure (930pm) is great. I paid the mid-range fare last week, 50 GBP or so, incl. seat selection and one check bag, and it worked well. For a 1h40m flight, I find there's no need to buy all the extra products and services so I didn't deal with any hidden costs. Compared with what all others charge for routes like this (inevitably involving hub connections) it's a good value....well, SN offers reasonable one-way fares but by the time I connect in BRU and wait for OSL service, most of the day is eaten up. But, then I miss plundering the Loft's beverage selection...hmm, tough decisions....

As readers of this forum know, I like doing business with Air Leprechaun because they are honest about their product and service and it's a good value too. I would have preferred to use FR and buy BIZ SELECT or whatever they call it... but, they don't actually serve OSL. Their airport masquerading as Oslo (RYG) is so far on the other side of the city that using it would be a joke if I just need to position to Gardemoen.