DXB suggested eats?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Dining' started by Petrus, Feb 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Petrus
    Original Member

Petrus Silver Member

Status Points:
    Currently in DXB enjoying the dreamlike view from our Suite at the Crowne Plaza:

171327_10150397007980494_681545493_17273447_1957817_o.jpg .
    Have tried the following places so far worth mentioning:
    The Buffet at The IC. (fantastic)
    Steak at the Meat Company in Madinat Souk overlooking the Burj-al-Arab

4 more days/nights for lunches and dinner.
    Tomorrow plan is to do the IC seafood buffet.

What a crazy place. Never seen so many russian kids with mullets.

loadera likes this.
  2. Tinkerer
    Original Member

Tinkerer Gold Member

Status Points:
    China Club

The China Club at the Radissson SAS is simply wonderful. Best Chinese food ever - both dim sum and full menu. They also have preset menus some days at lunch which makes it more affordable at those times. If you do the preset menu, I highly, highly recommend the pearly drops dessert.

The China Club. Address, Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Deira Creek. City, Dubai. Phone, +971 4 222 7171

Petrus likes this.
  3. Tinkerer
    Original Member

Tinkerer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Karam

The Karam restaurant in Mall of the Emirates is fantastic Lebanese food. Was introduced to me by Lebanese friends and quickly became one of my favorites.

If you decide to go, would highly recommend sitting in the back (on the raised section if possible). Not only is it a bit quieter but you'll be sitting with a full view of the window near the foot of the ski slope. Nothing like eating yummy food while seeing men in dish dashes ski.

If you're in a rush, they have a satellite restaurant on the other side of the mall (nearer to the supermarket side) in the food court where you can try the food but will miss out on the ambiance.

Petrus likes this.
  4. Tinkerer
    Original Member

Tinkerer Gold Member

Status Points:
    To combine meal with fun and entertainment...

I would highly, highly, highly (did I say highly yet?) recommend the sand dune tour with Arabian Adventures. They serve dinner at the end and it really is a fantastic adventure.

If you have sandals or flip flops with you, it's a good idea to wear those instead of shoes (I was glad I followed this piece of advice!). It really is an amazing experience and well worth the half day it takes up.

Note - I'm not affiliated with Arabian Adventures in any way but really suggest you stick to them for the tour. I did a second one with another company and it was meh verging on bad and a third one again with Arabian Adventures and it was again wonderful.

Petrus likes this.
  5. Tinkerer
    Original Member

Tinkerer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Bateel dates

In the airport, I highly recommend you pick up some Bateel dates on your way out. They are absolutely scrumptious and will turn you on to dates if you aren't already.

Petrus likes this.
  6. Tinkerer
    Original Member

Tinkerer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Spectrum on One

Spectrum on One in the Fairmont Hotel on Sheikh Zeyed Road is a wonderful dining experience. They have several kitchens (incl India, Thailand, Japan, China, Europe, the Middle East, and a pastry kitchen for the restaurant so you can order authentic regional cuisine for each course depending on what you feel like the most. It's international dining without having the change restaurants.

Their molten chocolate cake is to die for - I prefer it with vanilla ice cream over the chili ice cream, but that's a minor change.

I like Spectrum on One for dinner but have heard their Friday champagne brunch is, shall we say, epic.

Petrus likes this.
  7. Petrus
    Original Member

Petrus Silver Member

Status Points:
    Tinkerer! [​IMG] Thank you!