Dumb question about an award flight LAX-BKK

Discussion in 'Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus' started by tahewett, Aug 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. tahewett
    Original Member

tahewett Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi all,

Apologies if this is in the wrong spot - I couldn't think where else I should post it.

Looking at using UA/CO miles to get business/Royal Silk seats next year. When the wife and I flew this route last year (revenue Premium Economy seats), we had to show the credit card we used to book the tickets when we checked in at LAX. How does this work on an award ticket?I assume I'll have to pay some taxes at the time of booking, so is it just whatever card I use at that point? Or is there some other procedure?

Thanks

2. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Its unlikely you would need to show your CC. Matter of fact, I've never ever ever ever had to show a CC. If you do OLCI you wont have to worry about showing the card. I would suspect passport would be enough.

3. OneSweetWorld
    Original Member

OneSweetWorld Silver Member

Status Points:
    Credit card might have been just to pull up the booking, but you should be able to use a passport or another form of ID.

4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Some airlines, especially in Asia, do ask for the credit card that was used to pay for the ticket during check in as a way, supposedly, to prevent fraud. On award tickets, they're likely to make the same request, which would mean the credit card that was used to pay the fees and taxes on the ticket(s). Needless to say, this can cause problems if the owner of the credit card isn't flying--it isn't illegal or against airline rules to purchase tickets for another person as a gift, for example--or if the credit card has been lost/stolen and replaced by one with a new number. (Renewals normally carry the same number so shouldn't be a problem, although it wouldn't hurt to carry the old expired or cancelled card with you if you still have it, just in case.....) People also sometimes have trouble with this rule if they don't ordinarily carry all of their credit cards with them, especially when travelling. [Related problems can arise if a plane ticket needs to be refunded but the credit card account which was used to pay for the ticket has been closed for any reason.]