duh ... what is my name?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by 2soonold, Sep 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. 2soonold
    Original Member

2soonold Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had a senior moment.:rolleyes:

Made an alrline reservation over a bad cell phone connection, and gave my middle initial instead of my middle name for my Secure Flight Information. When I get to the airport at 5am, is the TSA gonna give me grief over this? Should I try to get the airline to correct that information?

What do you think?

2. jrp2

jrp2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    they gave me grief about not having my suffix on my ticket for the first time last week. You might want to see if you can fix it. I usually just depends on how busy and big a wanker they want to be.

3. Grace
    Original Member

Grace Silver Member

Status Points:
    I book tickets without my middle name and I get through just fine.

4. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    More than name on the ticket, what matters most is the secure flight info, if that's ok then the omission of a middle name for initial instead should be no issue on the ticket itself. Depending on the airline, you should be able to update the secure flight info if it is not correct.
    I know CO and UA allow you to change secure flight info, I assume others do as well.

5. jupper
    Original Member

jupper Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've had my first name misspelled and still accepted... ("ea" instead of "a", "-" dropped or replaced by space etc.)