"Due to Technical Difficulties, We Were Unable to Complete Your Booking"

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Explore, Jan 11, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    The full text of this annoying message, appearing after all the reservation setup steps have been completed, is the following:

"Due to technical difficulties we were unable to complete your request online or through our customer help desk at this time. We are working to rectify the problem, please try again later."

So you try again the next day, and the next day - with different browsers, logging out and in. Nothing works until some day you can make bookings online again. Then, a few months later, the cycle repeats.

Has anyone else had this problem? This is the most annoying glitch I've come across with any travel website. Of course, the part about not being able to book through the help desk or reservations is nonsense. You can book there at any time, but you sacrifice the 500 Amex bonus points and the ability to make a room request in your own words.

Any answers, or workarounds?

2. anabolism
    Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

Status Points:
    Can you book via the toll-free reservations number?

3. jsidebo

jsidebo New Member

Status Points:
    I've been running into this for the last two day and have reported it via email to Hilton. No response yet. I've tried two different browsers also.

4. jgg630

jgg630 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had the same problem yesterday. I finally gave up and will try again tomorrow.

5. rosscoe68

rosscoe68 Silver Member

Status Points:
    It drives me insane, you would think with a global company like this, someone might be able to fix all the web issues Hilton have...

6. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Someone can. Whether its an expense they've deemed worth paying for, that's the question. If it costs more than they'll make back in a given time or if there's another internal website replacement project underway then it might not be worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint