Duck head and fish sperm: 100 local delicacies

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Dining' started by sobore, Oct 19, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://edition.cnn.com/2012/10/19/business/elyse-pasquale-food-travel/index.html

"If you want to experience the essence of a foreign destination on a short visit," says Elyse Pasquale, "then nothing beats sampling the local food."

She should know. The American journalist and food-blogger is speaking at the end of a journey that has seen her traverse Belgium, Holland, France and the UK in under 24 hours.

This whistle-stop European tour is part of Pasquale's Foodie-international mission to consume 100 unique meals in 100 countries.

So far she has eaten in a grand total of 62 different nations and visited all corners of the globe, from India to Ireland and Mozambique to Mexico.

"Food is an entirely sensory experience. You can touch it, you can smell it, you can taste it. What better way is there to learn about a place you've never been before," she asks.

Read More: http://edition.cnn.com/2012/10/19/business/elyse-pasquale-food-travel/index.html

thegrailer, Kalboz and uggboy like this.
  2. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    SAY WHAT! :p

uggboy likes this.
  3. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Has she ever ate a Horseshoe Sandwich ? :)

uggboy and Kalboz like this.
  4. violist
    Original Member

violist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I found the horseshoe more daunting than either duck head
    or cod sperm. I actually only managed a pony shoe at Ritz's:
    more than enough food, and my dairy allotment for the month.

daninstl likes this.
  5. iterfacio12

iterfacio12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hmm, I've tried the fried scorpion in China, I've had the dog soup and the live squid in SKorea, goat's head in Nigeria. Cod sperm sounds rather, uhm, disgusting. And wrong. So very wrong.

boondr and Kalboz like this.