Dublin car and Driver recomendations

Discussion in 'Europe' started by particlemn, Mar 20, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. particlemn

particlemn Silver Member

Status Points:
    We will be in Dublin for 6 nights in April and am looking for recomendations for hire of car and driver for a day to visit outside of Dublin. Also looking for recomendations of where to go, two adults and 5.5 year old son? thanks in advance

uggboy likes this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    You might want to have a look here:

http://www.discoverireland.ie/

http://www.visitdublin.com/

Regarding car rental companies, I can't really recommend one, because I don't drive, but the usual suspects are available also from Dublin Airport in all two terminal buildings in the arrival halls. I'm sure they can help.

particlemn likes this.
  3. particlemn

particlemn Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am really looking to hire a car that includes a driver for the day so i dont have to worry about driving/parking/finding may way home

uggboy likes this.
  4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
  5. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you are a fan of PBS's Ballykisangel you can take the train which runs mostly along the coast to Avoca the village where the series was shot.

Drving in Ireland is great fun but for one day you wont get tremendously far as the majority of roads are one lane, low speed limits and you are likely to find yourself behind a flock of sheep or a slow moving tractor.

Heading north the Boyne Valley and its battlefield were the Irish was finally defeated by the British is interesting ( but there is not a tremendous much to see at the battle site) Monasterboyce is a must see, the castle at Trim and the towns of Navan and Drogheda.
    To the south one of the main attractions is the Gardens at Powerscourt and its nearby waterfalls and the seaside town of Bray which still has a Victorian feel.

Anything further afield will require more than one day.

particlemn and uggboy like this.
  6. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    mommypoints likes this.
  7. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    I very much enjoyed our driver. It was pricey, but I would use him again. If you have any specific questions after reading the link posted by uggboy let me know!

uggboy likes this.