Dublin - Berlin - Munich Spring

Discussion in 'Europe' started by euromannn, Mar 31, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. euromannn
    Original Member

euromannn Gold Member

Status Points:
    HI

Leaving to Ireland and Germany APR 20, 2015.

APR 20 - Dublin then up to Belfast
    APR 28 - fly to Berlin
    May 15 - Munich to Seattle

So.....looking for good travel hints, bars, beers, places to stay in these cities during spring time.

2. Lionell

Lionell Gold Member

Status Points:
    We have been to Berlin twice and still haven't seen everything in that city, it's so big, but I can recommend 2 places to eat for now.
    First place is Escados, grill & steakhouse, which is very close to Alexanderplatz, address is on their website http://www.escados.de/en/
    Friendly staff, good and tasteful food, good size portions and the times we've been there it was never too crowded. Oh and most importantly, I found it decently priced.

Second place is on the other side of the city, close to the IC Berlin hotel and Kurfurstendamm. It's located on the first floor in the Europacenter. Here's their website http://www.ming-dynastie.de/en , we really liked the food and the place is always packed with Chinese people. Also decently priced and during spring/summer they also serve large cocktails for like 5 euros.

When we were there last year April, we were really lucky with the weather so we decided one of the city tour busses. We had it arranged through our hotel, the concierge explained where to go and get the tickets. The nice thing is about these tours is that you can just hop on and off and every stop. So we took most of the day to make our way through the city, nice experience.

Alexanderplatz is also worth a visit, plenty of bars down there in the evening where you can have a drink. Like I said, on our two trips we haven't had time to see as much as we wanted, still need to plan another trip there :)

euromannn likes this.
  3. euromannn
    Original Member

euromannn Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. I stayed in Senderlingerplatz area and went bar hunting down Katianastrsse.

Was nice but on a Tuesday, Wednesday is was only mildly active. So I headed to Prague for 2 weeks.