DTW Terminal B Sky Club Remodel

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by USAF_Pride, Dec 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    DL is removing the business center to provide more seating. It is not getting the new "look", but it will now be even more crowded.

Update: main club is also being remodeled. Not sure what is going on there.

2. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    According to an article in the Detroit Free Press, it's being modernized. From what I've heard, the cubicles and meeting rooms are gone ... though I've rarely seen them in use at any of the SCs.

Part of the reason is they're now hard to used because anyone not flying has to deal with TSA to get to them

DTWBOB

3. commander flatus

commander flatus Active Member

Status Points:
    They're removing cubicles and conference area from MSY SC too. Never really see anyone using them.

4. BamaGirl
    Original Member

BamaGirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    That was my favorite area to sit in. The 'good' news is, they aren't giving the MSY club the full Jetson-ization. Just making room for more seating so they can cram in more bodies :(.

5. Davescj
    Original Member

Davescj Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't think the conf rooms make much sense anymore, since they are so hard to use (you have to have a ticket practically to use them....who wants to fly to an airport for a meeting?). What would be nice is making the conf areas quite/dark/sleep areas. But I don't think that will happen.

I'm personally NOT in favor of the Jetson-ization. I'd much prefer the NW colors. I liked the earth tones, fireplaces, etc.

6. commander flatus

commander flatus Active Member

Status Points:
    I actually really like the Jetsonization. I was at the new Sky Club in LGA a few weeks ago and thought it was awesome....

And I dread to admit this, but I only just realized that my $200 AmEx Plat Delta credits would probably work for the premium cocktails and wine! Ugh, what a waste! I'm not travelling anymore for 2011 and I left about $100 of that on the table. I could've been even drunker in the Sky Club! Damnit!

7. Davescj
    Original Member

Davescj Silver Member

Status Points:
    I do wonder how much $ is making off the premium drinks/wines. It seems to be an idea received from CO's President's Club. I keep hoping in MKE that DL does not keep stocking Fetzer wine. I know that is what NW served in F, but I thought it was a pretty cheap wine for both the club and F.