Drugstore.com going out of business

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by jw3putt, Aug 11, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. jw3putt

jw3putt Silver Member

Status Points:
    My favorite method of earning miles has been going through the American Air Aadvantage shopping portal and then ordering from Drugstore.com. Unfortunately August 13 is your last day to order. Load up now while you have the chance. Same for United or Delta. Remember to go to the airlines shopping site to access Drugstore.com. J W

2. Steve GadFly
    Original Member

Steve GadFly Gold Member

Status Points:
    Where did you get this information? It doesn't seem to be true. The Drugstore.com dollars promotion (5% back on purchases) is ending on the 13th but there's no indication that the site is closing.

RenneStone likes this.
  3. alfagirl

alfagirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, I just searched 'drugstore.com closing' and got positive hits. Both Drugstore.com and Beauty.com sites are closing by the end of September2016.

4. RenneStone

RenneStone Member

Status Points:
    No way! I didn't know anything. This has to be a massive work for all the walgreens worker team, I mean Drugstore.com and Beauty.com are 2 different markets, they bought the sites to have the control of the competition. They need to really make a good understanding to their actual customers.

Crazy, lets see how it goes

5. RenneStone

RenneStone Member

Status Points:
    This is a really good source
    “Over the past year, we have been focusing on building new omnichannel capabilities on Walgreens.com…,” Walgreens spokesman Phil Caruso said. “After careful consideration, we have decided to shut down drugstore.com and Beauty.com. We intend to focus on Walgreens.com.”

consumerist. com/2016/07/29/walgreens-closing-beauty-com-drugstore-com/

6. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Well, that sucks. Used to be a great source of miles for small list of things we bought on a semi-regular basis.

icurhere2 likes this.
  7. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have the non competes expired? Hopefully the next generation sites are being created as we speak.

8. icurhere2
    Original Member

icurhere2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just got the e-mail message that items purchased after September 1 are sold without the ability to return.

9. jw3putt

jw3putt Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sorry for my original post. I found the notice a bit confusing. Apparently we can continue to get miles for purchases until the end of September when Drugstore.com shuts down.